Problems with Polarized Sunglasses

CatsTide

Reaction score
It's because he has a droid eris.
God you people are the worst.

MYPHONEIZSOMUCHBETTAR!!!!1111 Hurr durr

its a phone moron.
i don't think he was being mean,,,evidently the eris has this problem and the droid doesn't. i had the same problem with my blackberry storm. couldn't view it through polarized lenses in portrait.

camrydad

Reaction score
I put my moto droid on the dash mount today to try it out and I noticed that the screen did seem dimmer or more purple-ish when I had my polarized sunglasses.

oopslolz

Reaction score
When I put sunglasses on I generally expect things to seem a little darker. To my chagrin I tried it out with my $5 polarized sunglasses and lo and behold my screen was darker! Can you believe it, I turned the brightness up and then magically it wasn't as dark. Pretty nuts, eh? I thought so too. I bet it's only the eris that this works with.

CatsTide

Reaction score
When I put sunglasses on I generally expect things to seem a little darker. To my chagrin I tried it out with my $5 polarized sunglasses and lo and behold my screen was darker! Can you believe it, I turned the brightness up and then magically it wasn't as dark. Pretty nuts, eh? I thought so too. I bet it's only the eris that this works with.
nice.....with my old storm i could view it fine in portrait but couldn't see it at all in landscape. but you're the expert with your 5 buck glasses...

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
This happened to my wife this weekend. Turned the phone sideways and she couldn't see it. It is fine if you look at it in normal layout.

Not a big deal, but I remembered this thread when she started complaining about it.