Problems with Pandora

PulsonicVoid

Reaction score
I havent used Pandora in a few months but I've had it for years, even back to my Blackberry. I noticed all of sudden I started using it again today and there is no widget? When did the widget get killed?

I'm on stock 2.2 (OTA) with an original Moto Droid.

On my Droid1 it's still there. Latest Pandora was 1.5.1 as of this post.
Reinstall?

COBug

Reaction score
I've had this problem for a while (We're having unexpected technical difficulties). Stock android FRG22D on moto droid.

1st - Cleared data/Cleared cache - no effect
2nd - Uninstall and reinstall via market - same exact message.
3rd - Factor reset (A painful alternative) - Pandora worked for 4 days then exact same phenomenon.
4th - Went to alternative site which stated this was a 1.5.1 problem and recommended loading 1.4 Searched throughout internet and found an APK file and installed it, fixed the problem. Then again, this is just day 1 of having 1.4 running so it may come up again, but for now it's working.

I figure it is a problem with Froyo and folks on this forum are suggesting but this is a quick remedy for myself and thought I'd share it with folks. I tried everything else and barring another factory reset, this was a good solution for myself.

I am thinking it might be some sort of cache issue because I log about 30 hours of listening to Pandora when this happens. I downloaded Slacker and it wouldn't work for even a second before error message appeared. I'm not an expert or developer so I'm not vouching for my theory, it just worked for me.

Hope this helps.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
its the FRG22D build that does this, i had it while running FRG22D now im on a ROM running FRG83 and this is fixed.

Dream

Reaction score
I havent used Pandora in a few months but I've had it for years, even back to my Blackberry. I noticed all of sudden I started using it again today and there is no widget? When did the widget get killed?

The widget is still there for me, use it all the time. :icon_ banana:

COBug

Reaction score
its the FRG22D build that does this, i had it while running FRG22D now im on a ROM running FRG83 and this is fixed.
So, FRG83 works on Moto Droid or do you have a Nexus One?

Well, if you're not rooted (As I am...unrooted, that is) then Pandora 1.4 might be the way to go. Again, it's only been 2 days so I can't say definitively. I'll repost if it doesn't work out.

Big Cam

Reaction score

On my Droid1 it's still there. Latest Pandora was 1.5.1 as of this post.
Reinstall?
I don't know why I didn't think of this. Unistalled and reinstalled, widget is back.

Thanks

calguy19

Reaction score
When my phone goes into power saving "lock", Pandora will play one or two more songs, then stop. I have to wake up the phone to clear the "waiting for connection" msg to restart music playing. If I use a nolock app, when the music paused, I click the mute/unmute button on the earbuds. This wakes of the phone and music resumes, but then it consumes more power until the display goes to sleep again. Anyone know how to keep Pandora playing while the phone is sleeping? Phone is droid x.