Problems with Pandora

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by ww6049, Aug 22, 2010.

1. ww6049

ww6049 New Member

I usually listen to Pandora Radio on my while driving. If I get a phone call or if I get a prompt from the google navigator, the music will automatically mute or pause. I'm not sure exactly which. After the prompt or after the phone call, the music would resume.

Ever since Verizon did the big update, the music pauses. I now have to phsically restart the music by pishing the PLAY button. I did a soft reset and reinstalled Pandora; no change.

I called Verizon. They said it may be having an adverse reaction to the software update.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't like fumbling with the droid while I"m driving.
  2. Quiltaday

Quiltaday New Member

I have not had problems with it failing to restart after an interruption BUT when I am listening, after about half an hour it will begin to pause, and stop songs partway through and then go onto the next. Almost like trying to listen to streaming internet radio using a phone line!

It may be Pandora - it has become quite finicky (in my whole four week experience with it LOL) and even the music it plays is coming from out in left field - Like playing Gangsta Rap when I want Newsboys !
  3. calicocal

calicocal New Member

Lately every time I open pandora it force closes right away. I have tried rebooting my phone and reinstalling the app, but nothing has worked. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    :welcome: to the forum! At the moment I don't like Pandora because after the latest program update it was reading contact information and a few other things I didn't want to give it permission to do, so I uninstalled it. I much prefer Slacker Radio anyway, but just a head's up on potential privacy issues with Pandora.

Having said that, it could be the new way FroYo handles the music and there might not BE a fix for it. Try the other streaming music apps and see if it's FroYo or Pandora that's to blame. I think I remember getting a phone call with Slacker in a 2.2-based ROM and the music resuming every time.

Good luck!
  5. tlj000

tlj000 New Member

I'm having the same issue with Pandora and google navigator. I just noticed it and have not had time to troubleshoot

Droid2 2.2
  6. debdroid1a

debdroid1a New Member

I made a short call and pandora stopped.
    I couldn't even get it to start up. I finally opened it and then choose "quit" and then reopened it and it now is playing.

Not sure what to do about that.
  7. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 New Member

I have also had this problem. With 2.1 I had no problems, but with the ota froyo update, it has really gone downhill. I agree, if I get a call, text, email, it naturally pauses, but now it shuts down and pauses at random.

I don't get it, I know I got the free version, but I doubt the free one would fix my problem.
    I
    If anyone knows what to do, I would very much appreciate it.
  8. droid.user

droid.user New Member

Quality

The quality of Pandora has dropped for me. Most songs sound like a crappy live version or sounds as if the studio version is coming down a tunnel. Thats through the Mobile App or desktop version. I recently discovered Slacker through these forums and have been impressed. Only issue are the more frequent advertisments
  9. joggy

joggy New Member

I actually just sent Pandora support an email yesterday regarding this problem. In return I got the following:

"Sorry about that. We're aware of the issue where GPS and other notifications now leave the app paused in Froyo, and we're looking into this problem. Thanks so much for your patience in the meantime!"

Looks like they are working on it or are at least aware of the problem.
  10. white911

white911 New Member

I have been discouraged with Pandora since the software upgrade; but, I did not know why. Lot's of stops and a 'technical difficulty' message that is hard to kill.

In response to this thread, I subscribed to Slacker and discovered that it did not even work as well. Even more stops and that combined with more intrusive adds. Pandora reading contact information bothers me; although, I'm not sure what the purpose is, unless it is to Spam my friends. I must say I like the interface with Slacker better.

As an aside -- I have always had a problem with the audio jack when either connecting to the car or a headset for exercise. The folks at Verizon told me ithe audio jack was a weak liink and suggested using a Bluetooth connection which works fine with the headset but not with the car which only pays attention to the phone part of the Droid. The audio jack is so much of a problem that it interrupts (pauses) play as if it were responding to a phone call or a disconnect.

Is it time to give up on internet radio and go back to the MP3 player?
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  11. furbearingmammal

If you have an issue with the audio jack that's repeatable then it's a hardware fault and it should have been replaced. Don't let Verizon jerk you around.
  12. poetichusky

poetichusky New Member

What's up Pandora?

I loved Pandora until recently. I keep getting "techinical difficulties" messages and music not playing/skipping etc. So I guess I'm not alone with this? Anyone have any word on when we can see this fixed? I have a Moto Droid with froyo btw. I just miss my Pandora, one of my favorite apps. :(

-Cathy
  13. furbearingmammal

:welcome: to the forum!

Try going to Settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All tab> Pandora> Clear data.

If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling. If that doesn't work, consider an alternative application like Slacker, at least temporarily, so you don't lose out on having streaming music. :D

Good luck!
  14. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

I havent used Pandora in a few months but I've had it for years, even back to my Blackberry. I noticed all of sudden I started using it again today and there is no widget? When did the widget get killed?

I'm on stock 2.2 (OTA) with an original Moto Droid.
  15. PulsonicVoid

PulsonicVoid New Member

This is probably related to the audio quality 'bug' introduced in 2.2. You can get around this by running a custom ROM that has a fix or by updating your Build.prop file (ROOT required) to use a different media player.

Basically, if you're not rooted and don't want to use a custom ROM, you're S.O.L. until another update is pushed. It's an issue with the default "StageFright" media player if I remember correctly.

Also: Pandora just has a ****ty app to begin with. You can get the same experience with Slacker radio (basically the same thing w/a few more ads).
  16. PulsonicVoid

PulsonicVoid New Member

On my Droid1 it's still there. Latest Pandora was 1.5.1 as of this post.
    Reinstall?
  17. COBug

COBug New Member

I've had this problem for a while (We're having unexpected technical difficulties). Stock android FRG22D on moto droid.

1st - Cleared data/Cleared cache - no effect
    2nd - Uninstall and reinstall via market - same exact message.
    3rd - Factor reset (A painful alternative) - Pandora worked for 4 days then exact same phenomenon.
    4th - Went to alternative site which stated this was a 1.5.1 problem and recommended loading 1.4 Searched throughout internet and found an APK file and installed it, fixed the problem. Then again, this is just day 1 of having 1.4 running so it may come up again, but for now it's working.

I figure it is a problem with Froyo and folks on this forum are suggesting but this is a quick remedy for myself and thought I'd share it with folks. I tried everything else and barring another factory reset, this was a good solution for myself.

I am thinking it might be some sort of cache issue because I log about 30 hours of listening to Pandora when this happens. I downloaded Slacker and it wouldn't work for even a second before error message appeared. I'm not an expert or developer so I'm not vouching for my theory, it just worked for me.

Hope this helps.
  18. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

its the FRG22D build that does this, i had it while running FRG22D now im on a ROM running FRG83 and this is fixed.
  19. Dream

Dream New Member

The widget is still there for me, use it all the time. :icon_ banana:
  20. COBug

COBug New Member

So, FRG83 works on Moto Droid or do you have a Nexus One?

Well, if you're not rooted (As I am...unrooted, that is) then Pandora 1.4 might be the way to go. Again, it's only been 2 days so I can't say definitively. I'll repost if it doesn't work out.
Search tags for this page
google call pandora
pandora android doesnt resume after call
pandora comes on after phone call
pandora not working on android
pandora on droid razor problems
pandora palying on droid and call comes through
pandora radio issues android

pandora radio troubleshooting

pandora radio troubleshooting android

pandora troubleshooting android

problems with pandora radio on android