Problems with Nexus 6 and Verizon

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
My N6 has been doing great, until today, for some reason it will not make or receive calls. I did a factory reset thinking something was wrong and still not working. I manually flashed to latest firmware and it's been at least 4-5 days with no problems.

OP
Rognish

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
My N6 has been doing great, until today, for some reason it will not make or receive calls. I did a factory reset thinking something was wrong and still not working. I manually flashed to latest firmware and it's been at least 4-5 days with no problems.
until today that is.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Are you rooted? Is your bootloader unlocked? (I'm assuming it is if you flashed the new firmware). Which build version are you on? Have you deviated anything away from stock other than unlocking the bootloader?

OP
Rognish

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
I have root and i'm running LMY48I and it's the stock boot image.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
That's what I'm running - nice choice :). Are you using a standard nano sim or did you cut an older one down? Have you checked your APN settings and network settings? Are you on Global or LTE/CDMA? Worst case scenario you might just have to get a replacement SIM card from Verizon unless there is an actual hardware issue, which is unlikely.

OP
Rognish

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
That's what I'm running - nice choice :). Are you using a standard nano sim or did you cut an older one down? Have you checked your APN settings and network settings? Are you on Global or LTE/CDMA? Worst case scenario you might just have to get a replacement SIM card from Verizon unless there is an actual hardware issue, which is unlikely.
My wife has a droid turbo which has the same sim card type. I swapped cards and same results. It's a standard nano sim I got at a verizon store.

OP
Rognish

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
So after an hour with moto they said they will replace my device under warranty, yea!.

Catch is it will be at least two weeks minimum using the standard equipment replacement with a "new" device. which requires me to send in my phone and and then they would send out a replacement. They put a hold on a credit card for the device or they offer a special offer for $25 dollar the expedite the return they will send out a replacement and once you receive the device you can return the old phone back to them.

Verizon also offered to add the complete warranty replacement to my account for $12 a month they will ship out my replacement in 2 days.

Just for good measure, I decided to go back and a factory reset using Nexus Root Toolkit v2.0.5 and revert back to stock & unroot. once i got it back up running again I tried to dial out and it worked.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So are you going to do the replacement or wait it out and see if it was the ROM?

OP
Rognish

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
The level 2 verizon help desk was going to call me back tonight and add it on. but I'm thinking if stock unroot will fix the problem for now then I will run it for a few days.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use Wug's Root Tool Kit with stock image on my Nexus 6 64 GB white model on Verizon, and never had any issues, even with my trimmed down micro SIM card to nano SIM "used a SIM tool cutter".
I suggest you stop messing with ROM's, I did a long time ago, just to many issues with most of them.
I used Wug's tool kit to root and unlock so I can use the tethering feature "foxfi does not work on Motorola devices", and it works great, one click tethering is fantastic.
Also no Verizon bloatware "non Verizon Nexus 6".
My Nexus 6 runs smooth as butter.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
running LMY48I and it's the stock boot image

It's interesting that he was running Stock, just rooted, and had this problem. I still think it's hardware related, even though going back to stock and unrooted fixed the problem. Wierd.

I also wonder if he tried to flash the radio img doing his troubleshooting. Just grasping at straws here though.

My radio sometimes craps out on me for no reason, but it comes back. Wifi also sometimes just chooses to quit. I guess no phone is perfect.

OP
Rognish

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
Akhenax, I was running stock. The only thing I did was checked to see if the hdvoice was active on the phone. I ended up re-flashing the stock version LMY47Z and it started working again. Then I pulled down a automatic update to LMY48I.

When Dev Preview 3 of M came out I ended up flashing that and for the most part has been fine, as of late my service has been crazy. I have the phone paired to my car and I call my wife, I get connected and start talking to her. Sometime after the connection I would get an automated response saying "all circuits are busy" and disconnects me from my phone call. Sometimes it works just fine.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Akhenax, I was running stock. The only thing I did was checked to see if the hdvoice was active on the phone. I ended up re-flashing the stock version LMY47Z and it started working again. Then I pulled down a automatic update to LMY48I.

When Dev Preview 3 of M came out I ended up flashing that and for the most part has been fine, as of late my service has been crazy. I have the phone paired to my car and I call my wife, I get connected and start talking to her. Sometime after the connection I would get an automated response saying "all circuits are busy" and disconnects me from my phone call. Sometimes it works just fine.
Who is your cellphone service provider.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk