Problems with my Razr! :(

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by ikaroback, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ikaroback

ikaroback New Member

Sorry for the long post but here goes...
    Well, I bought my razr on saturday and within 8 hours of my purchase I started having a problem! I got home put it on the wall charger and let it charge up. I took it off the charger and started playing around with it, downloading some apps, songs and what not. I notice that my battery is still almost completely charged when I put the screen to sleep and put the phone in my holster. Maybe 10 minutes later I take it out of the holster and try to turn the screen on and nothing happens...just stayed black. So I plug it back in and the phone doesn't respond at all :angry:. I fiddle with it for a few minutes but nothing! So I unplug it and let it sit overnight. Next morning I plug it in and the phone finally responds and starts charging again, so I let charge up to 100% and again start using the phone for calls and toying around with it for not even an hour. Sleep the screen and the next time I try to turn it back on, same old BS...black screen, doesn't respond to the charger. Well its monday night and the phone did well all day today until about 7pm tonight (90% charge) and it goes kaput again!!!

Now I gotta drive 3 hours roundtrip after work tomorrow to my verizon store to return this POS...I do like the phone when it works but seriously thinking of getting a rezound...???
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

No have them send you a new one 2 day air and send old one back. Sorry you're experiencing problems with it, we've all been there.
  3. Oaklands

Oaklands New Member

Sounds like you got a bad one. Give it another chance if you like the phone. Course, your decision.
  4. ikaroback

ikaroback New Member

Well I thought about that but will they send me a new or refurbished one (if the refurbs exist?).
  5. ikaroback

ikaroback New Member

I do like it, and was leaning towards giving it another shot. Still deciding!
  6. Shadez

I doubt they have any refurbed ones back. Even if they did, I would probably take a refurbed one over a new one as it went through 'more testing'.
  7. xaelith

xaelith New Member

My experience, refurbs don't start showing up until the phone's been out for a couple months. So you'll most likely be given a brand new phone if you return it.
  8. ikaroback

ikaroback New Member

I'll try to call and have them ship me a new phone...I hope I'm making the right choice here. I just upgraded from the og droid and had nothing but problems with it and now my 2nd Motorola phone and it starts off like this...any thoughts on the HTC rezound?
  9. Shadez

It's your call, if you really like the RAZR, give it another shot. If that doesn't work, I'd 100% go with the Rezound. That's just because I like the Rezound from what I've read. RAZR, Rezound, Galaxy, it's what you like! They are all super phones.
Search tags for this page
charging issues motorola razr
charging problems razri
common charger faults with motorola droid razr

common droid razr problems

common motorola droid problems

common motorola droid razr problems

common problems with driod razr
driod razr instagram problems
droid razr m common problems

motorola droid razr known problems

motorola razr m defects