Problems with my new DROID X

chuckycharms

Reaction score
So got my Droid X today, switched from USCellular's BB Curve. So far VERY happy. However, after pounding away on it for a few hours it just rebooted it self like 3 times. However, the third time it just turned off, and wont come back on. Pulled the battery, and still no go. Any thoughts??

CDMATech

Reaction score
hmmm... i have not had anything come across the Issue Hotline like that... anything you installed prior to the issue?

Reaction score
I had this happen while i was in the store, they couldnt figure it out so they got me a new one.

P.S they even tried a factory rest, and that didnt help.

CDMATech

Reaction score
only 1 issue has been commonly reported, BUA(Back Up Assistant) and Google Contact Sync Service are causing faults, AKA... no signal, 3G drops out... I can fix that... but.. no power is simply no power.

i Do hope that it wasn't a faulty Batt.... because if there's 1....
well....
you know.:blackdroid:

mfigueroa28

Reaction score
I just got the Droid X this morning and I had to return it 4 hours later. THe video card blacked out the lower part of my screen. They are overnighting a new one tomorrow.

Darkseider

Reaction score
One can only hope that this is the eFUSE being tripped somehow. I would laugh until I cried if that is the reason. Please oh please be the case. For all that is good and holy that is left in this world PLEASE be the eFUSE going awry. I can only hope that if it is the mainstream tech media and other outlets beat this horse like they did the Apple antenna issue. Sorry... I digress.. sucks that your new gadget bit the dust. Hopefully next one you get will be a bit more agreeable.

OP
C

chuckycharms

Reaction score
So, looks like having it plugged into the USB of a PC is making it reboot. unplugged everything and let the battery sit for a good 10 mins. put it back together, plugged into the wall, and its rockin once again. Batt is at 30%, dont think that was the prob. Will try to reproduce the problem.

FYI- this phone is indeed an IT Administrators dream. its awesome. RDP, VNC, SSH, etc, etc, etc. AWESOME

Darkseider

Reaction score
So, looks like having it plugged into the USB of a PC is making it reboot. unplugged everything and let the battery sit for a good 10 mins. put it back together, plugged into the wall, and its rockin once again. Batt is at 30%, dont think that was the prob. Will try to reproduce the problem.

FYI- this phone is indeed an IT Administrators dream. its awesome. RDP, VNC, SSH, etc, etc, etc. AWESOME

Wait a second. Plugging into the USB port did what? Have you tried another USB port or another PC?

CDMATech

Reaction score

lol....... if you still have your A855...it can do the exact...now if i could just figure out how to install the HDMI port...lol...:icon_eek:

brando56894

Reaction score
And this is the reason why I dont buy brand new things the day they come out :D I got my moto droid about 3 or 4 months after they initially came out...