Problems with Market and Gmail

bennett279

Reaction score
Problems with Market and Gmail UPDATE

Not sure where to post this but needed to vent. I got my DI last week and have spent a few days settting it up to my preferences. I downloaded some free apps, got my screens setup how I want them, set up my Exchange stuff, etc. Anyway, as you all know, you have to create a Gmail account when you set up the phone to access the Market. So, I did and I used it for a few things such as this message board. Anyway, I got it all setup and loving it and then.......my Gmail account gets disabled. I filled out the form for Google and they respond with the standard form email with no help. Basically, I was told that my account cannot be returned. So now, I have no access to Market. My understanding is that I have to do a factory reset to put a new Gmail account in for Market and I will lose all my settings and apps.

What can I do??

UPDATE: I woke up today and found that someone really works for Google....I had an email that my account has been reinstated and everything is back to working again in Market on my DI! Yay me!!

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, when this happens your pretty well stuck. Wish I had better news for you.

I read one post where it was a divorce and the spouse shut the gmail account down on them. But there had to be a reason your account was disabled. What happened?

OP
B

bennett279

Reaction score
Sorry, when this happens your pretty well stuck. Wish I had better news for you.

I read one post where it was a divorce and the spouse shut the gmail account down on them. But there had to be a reason your account was disabled. What happened?

They never said what happened other that I may have violated the Terms and Agreement. I had the account for just over a week before disabled. I guess maybe someone hacked into my account but I did not notice any wierd activity but I never logged on off of a computer....only my DI.