Problems with lagging responds

EMTangel79

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody else has the same issue that is going on like me. When changing screens or texting my my lags a lot. I have to push several times before it will respond to my touch. Just was wondering what I can do to fix it.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
It shouldn't really lag. You are not using a task killer right. Is there an app that is causing a problem? Like said restart phone and pull battery, see if this helps.

Sent from my Incredible 2

OP
E

EMTangel79

Reaction score
I turn my phone off every night and don' t have any task killer on here. It just started doing this in the last week

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is some type of software or hardware issue then. This is not typical for this phone. Shouldn't be much if any lag at all. Go into settings/programs/running services and see what is taking up most of the process or memory. Could be a rogue app, skin or process causing an issues.

OP
E

EMTangel79

Reaction score
I will give that a try, I love this phone and never had any problems with it. This is the first problem that it has gave me. Thanks from the advice.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you are getting any other errors like force closes or apps not opening or disappearing it could be that it needs a factory reset. Things get corrupted after an OTA sometimes. Make sure you have contacts, etc backed up if you are going to reset.

ABQNM

Reaction score
If you have taken OTA updates, especially more than one since you last (if ever) reset it, a factory reset helps quite a bit here. You have to re-load your apps, but it makes a huge difference. If your contacts are saved to google they will just be there once you sign back into google after the reset.

I know it sounds like a hassle, but it is often worth it.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Also I should add that if it is just keyboard lag you are experiencing, clearing the data for the keyboard can help. The dictionary file can become quite large after a while and result in lag. I use SwiftKey X since that is the only keyboard I have used that does not start to lag after a week for me.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What launcher/home screen app are you using. Some times you can have a problem there. You may consider switching to one of the other launchers. Try Zeam, just as a test, because it is one of the lightest/skinniest ones out there. It does not put much of a load on the phone. It also may not be fully featured enough for you, but as test it is excellent.

Good luck.