Problems with ICS, with or without fdr?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
1 and 2. Did a FDR this morning because things just seemed a bit out of whack. We'll see what happens a few days from now...

C2Cab95

Reaction score
I did #5 for a week. I saw battery life was about the same to slightly worse.

Did a FDR yesterday, got everything back to normal, all my smart actions in order, and today got just over 12 hours of "typical" 4G use. I am going to see how the rest this week goes, but so far I'm really happy.

Darson

Reaction score
#6 for me. I can easily do a factory reset and from what I've been reading it should fix all the issues I've been having but I feel I shouldn't have to go through the trouble in the first place. Sure, I'll be waiting months for an update that probably won't come or even fix anything but I'm willing to be purposely stubborn to make a point.

William_04_x

Reaction score
#4 for me. Been off global for a few days, FDR yesterday, and not back up to GB battery performance yet. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
#5. Though I have some lagginess, and may opt for a FDR anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rogus

Reaction score
#5 for me. I'm not sure about lag. Seems some things seem slower, but not sure if it's just because I was expecting lightning with ICS. Touch screen stopped working today on the dial pad for the first time ever and I had to power down to get it back. Battery seemed to be worse, but I just got 1 day 19 hours and 33 minutes from full charge to 15% using it pretty heavily as I've been exploring ICS trying to figure out all the changes. Like FoxKat I keep wondering if I should do a FDR just because.

Tracey4

Reaction score

I wouldn't say i have major problems, but the problems i do have weren't fixed by doing a FDR.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
#5. Though I have some lagginess, and may opt for a FDR anyway.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have noticed the same lagginess as well, kind of miss my speedy GB.

Abaddon

Reaction score
#2 for me. Hahaha. Seriously though my phone has been better all around but it has some strange minor hiccups from time to time. For instance, last night when I was charging it the screen just came on for no reason and stayed on. I have done a couple of reboots since the FDR and that has taken care of any glitches. My battery life has definitely improved and I'm hoping that doesn't change. I have the regular Razr so I was very concerned about this prior to the OTA.

Yngwie77

Reaction score
#6 phone is laggy...apps open by themselves...the back button doesn't go back sometimes....apps freeze...i press keys and other keys get pressed...i wanna do a fdr now and try it but what exactly will i lose? My contacts? No right? Just my saved presets right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatal

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
#6 phone is laggy...apps open by themselves...the back button doesn't go back sometimes....apps freeze...i press keys and other keys get pressed...i wanna do a fdr now and try it but what exactly will i lose? My contacts? No right? Just my saved presets right?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatal

You should try clearing data on the home screen app in manage applications.. you'll have to reset your home screen, but I bet it will help you.... better than a fdr... which still isn't that bad with ics.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!