1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problems with GPS on Android 2.1 ESE81 (using BB .9)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ddarvish, Apr 3, 2010.

1. ddarvish

ddarvish New Member

i have buglessbeast .9 and recently used the baseband patch (update.zip method) to upgrade from ese53 to 81. i have noticed now that it take a LOT longer to lock onto GPS satellites and also is much weaker, meaning it wont be able to find my location in places it previously took 3-5 seconds to find me.

Anyone experiencing this issue? If so any fixes? Is there anyway to go back to ESE53 otherthan using my nandroid backup i made before i updated?

please let me know
  2. Phoxus

Phoxus New Member

I've found the baseband patches to be nothing but trouble.
  3. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Whats the weather like? My GPS has been awesome since the baseband update.
  4. ddarvish

ddarvish New Member

weather is nice and sunny. In LA here.. I remember other people complaining about similar problems in another thread somewhere but cant find it anymore and remember there was no result to their problem.

It could be they just lowered the power that is going to the GPS to save battery? i dunno. its annoying but not the end of the world...
  5. adrynalyne

Honestly, I'd do a nandroid and try another ROM to see if its still the case.
  6. ddarvish

ddarvish New Member

i might try that. the thing is i was using the same rom before the baseband update and everything was awesome.

Also now come to think of it would i be able to downgrade the baseband using my nandroid backup or would i have to flash and .sbf?
  7. adrynalyne

You'd have to use RSD Lite.

One thing I have learned about phone GPS--there can be issues in one area, and not another. Even if its a clear day. Used to have that issue a lot with my Omnia.
  8. cvhovey

cvhovey Member

My first baseband update to Chevy's ESE53 didn't go well using the one posted by I think gearhead geek, then I used Steve's update.zip and things have been just fine. In fact, GPS shows me exactly where I'm at on our 10 acre lot in the Oregon outback country...and that's with some winter storms moving through the area. I'll be trying an ESE81 later today (that doesn't re-flash the new baseband again) and see if that makes any difference for GPS but don't expect it would. If it does, I'll post that...

UPDATE: Running ESE81 with the baseband update gives me pinpoint GPS...and slightly faster than pre-baseband update.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
Search tags for this page

android gps problem