Problems with Gmail

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
I have had zero problems receiving emails and zero problems with notifications.

My first problem is sending emails using the Gmail app. It absolutely refuses to send emails. I'd say about 1 out of every 5 emails actually get sent. The rest will be deemed 'Sending', and will remain as 'Sending' for as long as it takes me to discard the message. This is while having a strong signal, wifi and 3g.

My theory was to uninstall and reinstall the Gmail app. Which leads to my second problem. I am not given the option to uninstall the app using conventional means. (menu>setting>apps>manage apps)

Using ud8.

Any help or free food is appreciated.

**edit**- I have tried clearing data, cache and a resync. This seems to work for a portion of a day and then it's back to normal. I have to use email all day at work and this can become annoying. Running back to my desktop to reply to messages gets tiresome.

Thanks in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try another ROM? Or try running it with no custom ROM just froyo by itself.

OP
JasonAsWell

JasonAsWell

Reaction score
I appreciate the response and don't take this the wrong way, but that is not an option. UD is the only ROM that performs consistently on my device.

I don't understand why I'm not able to uninstall the Gmail app. I installed it. I should be able to uninstall it, eh?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the response and don't take this the wrong way, but that is not an option. UD is the only ROM that performs consistently on my device.

I don't understand why I'm not able to uninstall the Gmail app. I installed it. I should be able to uninstall it, eh?

Not taking it the wrong way, it's just a suggestion. You've already done what I would ordinarily suggest for an email issue.

To be honest I have no idea why if your rooted you can't uninstall gmail. I have a feeling though that because it's a google phone that may be just one of the things you can't do even if you are rooted.

Have you thought about a wipe of cache and data just to see if you got something else going on that's causing an issue? I'm talking a complete wipe not just your gmail.