Problems with Facebook, Handcent, possibly more?

Discussion in 'Xeudoxus' started by Shaneathan, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed DarkEdge for the first time yesterday and have been loving it so far except for problems that I've had with some of the apps.

1) At first the problem with Handcent was that the text when typing was white. I followed the instructions to install/run DE Tools, run Metamorph, reboot.

For a couple of times, the result was that nothing changed. The text would remain white. I tried it a couple more times with this previous time applying the MM theme twice as I saw in another thread.

Now, Handcent FC's immediately on start up and I cannot uninstall it. The option is grayed out. No idea what to do at this point.

2) Additionally, Facebook has been an issue. Theming it actually uninstalls it for some reason. This past time, I tried to install Facebook and it said that the activity "ABCDEFGH........" stopped responding or something and needed to FC.

Please help! I really love the look of DarkEdge and just want everything to be working correctly.

2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For handcent go into root explorer, or any file manager that allows you to access your entire phone. Find the handcent apk, it may be in system/app or data/app. Delete it and reboot your phone, then reinstall handcent to get it working.

For facebook, I don't see why it would uninstall it, so I'm not sure how to help you there

3. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    As of today (11/22/10), DarkEdge is severely behind the times in terms of being compatible with current application versions. Apps like Handcent and Facebook have been updated since we put out the theme and we haven't had a chance to update yet.

We will hopefully be able to address all the issues in the next week or two.

4. Shaneathan

Shaneathan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gotcha. Thank you for the response!

5. $mitty

$mitty Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome. Thanks for the update. I haven't updated facebook, so mine is still all good! Market and Twitter are another story though...damn auto updates!