Problems with Droid after dropping Cyanogen ROM and going back to stock.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sc3nes, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Sc3nes

Sc3nes New Member

Hi, long time reader, first time poster.

I'm having problems with my Motorola Droid after reverting back to stock from Cyanogen, and I think I missed quite a few steps. It wasn't that the rom was bad because it was awesome, I just wanted to try out the froyo,root again, and possibly leave it there with SetCPU also installed.

Ok, so I reverted back to stock 2.0.1 from Cyanogen, because I figured that was the same version of the Droid OS I installed the custom rom from. Now, I went back in to update all of the factory installed apps like facebook, and google maps, and I get an error that says package file is not signed correctly. I search on here, and it doesn't seem like too uncommon of a problem, but I doubt any of the solutions are viable in my case.

Also, when I first reverted, my recovery file was missing, so I had to flash it in using RSDLite, and I got my recovery system running again, but now I'm still stuck. Also I can't even think about trying to use the OS to get an OTA update for 2.2. Five minutes later, I have the file downloaded for 2.2 Froyo, and go into my SPRecovery to install it, I get the same thing "Package file not signed correctly. Aborting Installation."

Now, I've tried doing factory restores, data wipes, cache wipes, all this. But now I think the only way to fix the problems are to reroot it and unroot it again, and I can't find (or remember) how to root it from 2.0.1, since I doubt it will let me install 2.1 and root it from there since the package file may not be signed correctly.

So this is pretty much where I'm at now. I have a phone with limited capabilities as far as facebook and the already installed google apps go, stuck with factory versions of the software, and I can't update (OTA or manually) to the version of Droid I wanted to try out.
Search tags for this page

i get an error box saying package file not signed correctly