1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problems with dialer and messaging app

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by drpaul07, Mar 15, 2011.

1. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

I am using PE5.0.1 and lately i have been having some issues with it. As of late, I have had problems sending and receiving text messages. I use an old version of handcent cuz i always here of problems with the updated versions, and many times, it will show the rotating "sending" circle constantly after i attempt to send a text, and so it will never send, or it will send hours after i wrote it. Also, when attempting to make phone calls, the dialer will force close and so i cannot make calls. Then later, all of a sudden, it will call every number i attempted to dial earlier. Sometimes the dialer works and sometimes it doesn't. Also, when i connect my droid to my car to listen to music, it will randomly skip and the volume up and down buttons become unresponsive. Also, my phone definitely seems to be slower in general. I was thinking of just backing everything up, then doing a full wipe, and reinstalling PE5.0. What do you guys think? Has anyone else had these issues? Or know of how to go about fixing them?
  2. Staveandor

Staveandor New Member

It sounds like you had a bad flash paired with restores of apps not compatible with GB.

I say you should do a full wipe (3 times) re-install PE5.0.1 clean, let your apps re-install from the market (including the new version of handcent), then update to 5.0.2 and see if anything changes.
  3. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

Reflash like Stavendor said. Do 5.0.1 and then 5.0.2.

See if that doesn't help. If the txting problem continues try a few things:

1.) test stock messaging app to see if the problem continues
    2.) update handcent and see if problem continues
    3.) You can try locking handcent into memory. (Feature in 5.0.2)

I would also hold back on doing any kernel work till after you've confirmed it's working.
  4. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

thanks guys..i ended up backing up the rom, then i wiped x 3, and restored a fresh install of the 5.0 rom that i had back when it came out. in that backup, i let the market restore all my apps, then backed it up. i had done nothing else to it. so after i restored it, i just updated handcent to the latest version and restored data stuff like texts, playlists, etc, then updated it to 5.0.2. So i basically restored my phone to a prior state where i wasn't having any issues. So far, everything is working smoothly. Texts are sending correctly, i can make phone calls, and music player is working fine. Hopefully it stays that way cuz PE is a great rom.

Appreciate the suggestions. Thanks.
  5. drpaul07

drpaul07 Member

Eh same crap is happening again. Messages get stuck (using latest handcent), and dialer won't work and force closes so i can't make calls..not quite sure where the problem is, but i guess i have to switch roms :(
Search tags for this page
android dial pad slow
dialer slow
droid 2 dialer slow to respond
droid 2 numbers on dial pad sticks

droid x dialer slow

galaxy s4 dialer pad doesnt work force stops
phone calls from 94042
samsung siii dialer problem