1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

problems with defaulting home launcher

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by bitojoe, Jan 6, 2011.

1. bitojoe

bitojoe New Member

well as the title reads, ive been having trouble making my home launcher my default launcher, the phone wont prompt me to make a default launcher. any ideas as to why this is? ive tried downloading different launchers too, it still doesnt prompt me for a default launcher. im on 2.4.330
  2. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast New Member

Use home switcher for froyo, free in the market.
  3. bitojoe

bitojoe New Member

that just switches it, it doesnt make a default. ive tried it and it didnt work, i tried the instructions that came in that app to try and default my home launcher too. still didnt work.
  4. Ultim8gamr

Ultim8gamr New Member

I've been having similar issues with the launcherpro launcher. It shows in home switcher that I have no launcher chosen as default. Even though launcherpro is the only launcher that ever opens. But I like that launcher better so its not an issue for now

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  5. NiceGuysFinishLast

Just to be clear, you ran home switcher. Hit "clear default" and then chose "home" as your default launcher, and it still didn't work?
  6. tebower

tebower New Member

In my experience with this phone, if you have ANY replacement home app installed, the phone treats is as default. The only time the phone has ever asked me to choose was when I had two replacement home Apps installed (launcher pro and go launcher). For whatever reason, the OS seems to assume that if you installed a home replacement, you don't want to use the built in Moto home. It doesn't even put up a fight. If you want to use Moto's Blur home by default, uninstall any other home replacement.
  7. leobg

leobg Member

Yes - just like tebower said - if you have any other home app installed it will overlap the Moto launcher with no way of 'clear default' or anything. You can clear default only if you have more than one 3rd party launcher installed between them, but the only way to switch back to stock launcher is to remove all custom launchers.
    Using home switcher app for froyo from market will list moto launcher and will let you go into it while you have others installed, but you can't make hitting home button to default to it. Wired - true.
  8. Ultim8gamr

Ultim8gamr New Member

Tebower I've noticed the same thing. When I had both adw and LP it gave me the option for a default but with only LP and stock home switcher says no default chosen and even when clearing it doesn't make a difference. Doesn't bother me but I thought I would offer my experience for the op.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  9. bitojoe

bitojoe New Member

well, this just sorta stinks then, but i suppose it isnt too big of a deal, just nice to have the option... thanks for all your help everyone!
  10. jbdow

jbdow New Member

Hoo-wee, all this bother just for a launcher? I guess it must be fun, but it appears
    to me that there's a lot of issues with rooting and subsequent "problems" that people
    are having with the whole spectrum of the OS. :icon_eek: I guess that we would have to
    assume that these are growing pains as we move towards better "roots" ? And of
    course then the new Android OS will be out... (job security?)
  11. bitojoe

bitojoe New Member

not really sure if it has anything to do with the root. a faster and more smooth os would be better. along with less bugs and stuff. :p
  12. jbdow

jbdow New Member

I'm guessing you mean bugs in the original OS...
    Which of course would imply the qualifier that it's unrooted...:icon_ banana:
  13. mishkin

mishkin New Member

thanks a lot, guys, for this thread. I do not have a droid phone and I put an app on google market recently and got two complaints from droid x owners. my app replaces home screen on launch to lock a home key and supposed to return it back by prompting an user to change defaults (the app is for toddlers so I spent a lot of time to make a true lock mode for all the keys). Well, my app works fine on all phones but droid x and you explained why.

Thanks a lot, now I need to find a workaround for droid x.
  14. GodsMoon

GodsMoon New Member

15. gambit07

gambit07 New Member

There are problems because people root and have no idea what it means. Rooting your phone just means giving it administrator level access, that in and of itself does nothing to your phone, it just means you can access any part of your filesystem and make changes to it. What you do with it after that is up to you.
  16. TJConnery

TJConnery New Member

Open Home?

I had the same issue with Open Home which I used to use on my D1, but did not seem to like my D2G. This behavior went away with the D2G update and/or subsequent OpenHome upgrades.

Try uninstalling the suspect launcher, one by one, to figure out which one has a conflict with the home switcher (make sure you have the froyo version, probably already mentioned above).
  17. NiceGuysFinishLast

I guess I'm the weird lucky one, but my D2G would let me switch back to the blur launcher when I used Home Switcher for Froyo. Now I can't post screen shots to verify, because I washed it haha. When I get a replacement, I'll double check.
Search tags for this page

android doesnt remember launcher

having problem with go launcher on my android phone
how to open droid x 2 in default when problem with launcher
how to set go launcher as default s3

make go launcher default