Problems with Contacts

bmblsad

Reaction score
My Droid X has done this since the day I got it:
1. I tap the little phone icon at the bottom of the home screen and it goes to the call screen (not sure of it's official name) as expected where the Dialer, Recent, Contacts, and Favorites tabs are shown.
2. I tap the Contacts tab.
3. Phone goes back to the home screen and I lose service for just a second.

I updated to the most recent system a day or so ago and that didn't fix it. If I tap the Contacts icon on the home screen, I have no problems - it goes right to the contacts list. So I have a workaround but coming from a BB Storm I'm having a little trouble breaking the habit of pressing the phone icon.

Is this a known bug? Is there a fix? Thanks for any input you have!

bmblsad

zook_b

Reaction score
Not a known bug AFAIK. Try resetting the phone by going to Home screen>menu button>settings>privacy>factory data reset.

Then set up the phone again.

You could always try and use another dialer like Dialer One from the market.

Mule65

Reaction score
Do your Gmail contacts have phone numbers? I think only contacts with phone numbers are displayed.

jglawrence

Reaction score
Yes most do, and Texting and Google Voice still pull contact data successfully, but if I try to look at the contacts themselves, it crashes.

kjr12521

Reaction score
Mine does this too. My son's works right

For us it seems to be a problem with moving the phone book from one phone to the droidx. My son's phonebook copied over perfectly with the hardware our verizon store used. Mine didn't copy the first time but did the second. When it was done, every number was entered twice. I cleared one set but my dialer contacts are blank. When pressed, it returns to the home screen.

devedsmith

Reaction score
I have this problem too with my Droid X2 right out of the box. When I tap a contact the Contacts app crashes. I also had this on my Droid X with FroYo (which is also on the newer Droid X2). Any fixes to this yet? I'm about to just throw this phone in the trash.