Problems with clock

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by DwightMann, Nov 6, 2011.

1. DwightMann

DwightMann New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone changes time zone without warning or notice. Can I set the time, time zone, use my GPS location or simply not switch time?

Sent from my C771 using DroidForums

2. AirJunky

AirJunky Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Recently my clock widgets are locking up. I have one setup on the main desktop, plus the little one is visible in the Notifications task bar. Eventually the widget will freeze up. And the one in the task bar is correct. I delete the widget & then setup another one, but it does the same thing soon enough.

3. paxchristos

paxchristos Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Unfortunately, verizon (i'm pretty sure it's them) has the date/time options grey out (meaning you cannot change them) [I'm pretty sure it's verizon, because on my old ATT HTC Aria, I could mess with it, and now on my Xperia Play and my wife's commando it's unchangeable]

*warning* haven't tried this on commando, but have tried it on Xperia play with no errors *warning*
    The way to get around this (that i've found) is to root your phone (yes, it's necessary) then install a program called "ClockSync" (Free, Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?...1bGwsMSwxLDEsInJ1Lm9yZy5hbWlwLkNsb2NrU3luYyJd ) once you have this installed, run it, press menu -> settings -> (scroll down) and check Override system settings, set your UTC offset (e.g. central time is UTC -06:00) then you need to click TimeZone fixer, and after the reboot, the time zone should be fixed! (and you can manually control it)

Download a new clock widget. The verizon one is a piece of sh*t. I use fancy widgets, gives me the weather (based off my location and the time

4. AirJunky

AirJunky Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Duh, should have thought of that myself.
    Thanks. Downloading now.

5. crabbybahstid

crabbybahstid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had to delete the OE clock widget twice and reinstall. Plus this week it switched to 24 hour time on its own.

6. mushmouth

mushmouth New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had mine freeze on me twice this week,got rid of it for a few days just put it back today.I've seen allot of the clock apps on the marketplace all seem to have a couple comments about freezing,not keeping time.
    I want a clock app that is stable and keeps time,anybody know of any that work well with this phone.

7. crabbybahstid

crabbybahstid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Amazing. "Smart" phone requires a separate app, that turns out to be unreliable, to perform a simple function that's native on a stone simple flip phone from 10 years ago.

8. AirJunky

AirJunky Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Fancy Widgets is available in the Market for free. I've had it installed since my posts on this subject a couple weeks ago & it has not frozen up even once. Plus it combines the weather in the same Widget, eliminating 2 of the stock apps that suck.

9. crabbybahstid

crabbybahstid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestion of Fancy Widgets. The app permissions aren't too intrusive. The only review issue I saw was potentially pulling down the battery, so I'll watch that. I went larger than stock, so it sure looks different!

10. AirJunky

AirJunky Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Yea, some cool options in it, like the hide background. I'm tempted to buy it if it continues to really work well.

I haven't noticed any battery issues on my Commando...... or any more than any other Droid. The battery lasts a couple days if I'm not using it a lot. And if I'm using any of the Wifi, BT or even surfing over the cell network, it'll drain easily in a day. So far the only effect Fancy Widgets has had is in the stability. Might have actually improved the battery consumption a bit.

11. DaKlaxx

DaKlaxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine was doing the same thing. I downloaded an app called ClockQ and it works like a charm not only is it not freezing but is fully customizable. If you can dream it you can make it look like that. It doesn't have a built in alarm but that's fine I use lightning bug for my alarm. You can set an application so when you click the clock it launches the app. I think this is the best out there. It works great on launchers ADW works the best with it. If your phone is rooted is good too.

- Brought to you by
    - DaKlaxx

Search tags for this page

android clock problem

casio g'zone commando clock
casio gzone wrong time

change date on casio commando

change time on casio commando
g'zone commando alarm clock
how to change time on verizon gzone
manually setting clock on my cell c771
set time on gz one