Problems with Bugless Beast v0.1 Froyo and C_01.43.01P baseband

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rockinyp, Jun 12, 2010.

1. rockinyp

rockinyp New Member

I'm new to rooting -- just did it last week to my Motorola Droid because I wanted to try the Android 2.2 ROM so badly. Plus, overclocking to 1.2 GHz makes the phone so much more enjoyable to use. That went pretty well.

Yesterday I decided to try the new Bugless Beast v0.1 Froyo with the new C_01.43.01P baseband and now I'm having issues.

Here's my phone's info:
    -- Android version: 2.2
    -- Baseband version: C_01.3E.03P
    -- Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-P2Droid pierce@MyDroidWorld #13
    -- Build number: voles-userbug 2.2 FRFxx 49593 test-keys

1. Obviously, the baseband version didn't update to C_01.43.01P. Dunno what's up with that. I downloaded it, transfered it to my SD card and used ROM Manager to "install ROM from SD Card."

2. My build number doesn't say Bugless Beast despite trying to install it twice through the ROM Manager.

3. I started going back and re-downloading most of my apps from the Market because the market links were broken last week with a poor backup/restore I did of them all. However, I'm noticing that many of the apps are not showing up in the market, such as Foursquare, Gowalla, DoggCatcher, Pandora, ROM Manager, TripIt, Weather Channel, Twidroid Pro, and more. Is that a problem with the Market itself or is there something wrong with my Market app or what?

4. The Gmail app is no longer updating or syncing with my mail. I'm getting no email notifications and even in the app itself, when I try to force it to refresh, nothing happens. I confirmed that the accounts are still set to sync mail, but nothing is happening. The data connection seems to work fine on both wifi and 3G for other apps, so I'm not sure what's up with that.

5. I can't upgrade Google Maps without and error, so I figured I need to remove it first and then reinstall it from Market as I've done with other downloaded apps that have given me the same error. However, I can't seem to get any of the Bugless Beast switches working in Terminal Emulator to use to uninstall Maps. It says a bunch of different error messages, one of them being that I don't have BusyBox installed, but from what I understand, I installed it through Titanium Backup when I set that up.

I've Googled around and haven't found solutions to these issues. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  2. gospursgo2002

gospursgo2002 New Member

Ok so heres what I can tell you.

1. always backup before you do anything (or like me have a standing backup ready to go)

2. I had the same issue with bugless beast no longer coming up as my listed ROM, (I didnt do anything with the baseband) and I think I know why Im trying again right now to see if I know what it is.

3. There is an app called titanium back up (it backs up tons of stuff to your sd card) so basically when you wipe data you download titanium from the market first click on restore and GG.)

Ok so as far as you go right now I would just re-download the bugless beast and wipe everything that should reset your base band if you didn't back up.

Oh one more thing make sure when you are using ROM manager it is actually re installing, there is a known issue with it not booting into recovery. If its not go into rom manager and click on flash clockword mod recovery it should then say it was succesful, then do it one more time. Then try installing bugless again.

as far as apps not showing up on the market

Tip: Market App Issue in Froyo | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

go that link.
  3. gospursgo2002

gospursgo2002 New Member

Ok so I can answer a couple of more questions. If you change your rom at all (i.e black ice theme, a baseband) rom manager wont list bugless beast as your rom because it is now modified. Also before you updated to that baseband did you have C.01.41.00R installed first.
  4. rockinyp

rockinyp New Member

So I shouldn't make a backup of what I have right now since I want to restore back to the original baseband? In Titanium Backup, should I select just "backup all user apps" or "backup all user apps + system data"?

Great, I'll check it out. Thanks!
  5. rockinyp

rockinyp New Member

I installed Bugless Beast v0.1 Froyo first, then added the new baseband after that.
  6. rockinyp

rockinyp New Member

7. gospursgo2002

gospursgo2002 New Member

baseband

Ok so appearently the restore doesn't restore the baseband so not sure how to do that.

It could actually be from your kernel update I know one kernel i picked made my battery show dead constantly.
  8. winner00

winner00 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

9. rockinyp

rockinyp New Member