Problems with browser? anyone else?

Reader

Reaction score
Hi

For the last few days I can not use the android browser. when I enter a web url i get this:

293934283.png

1. All was fine until last week, didn't change anything.
2. I can still access gmail, twitter, facebook etc
3. using thethering - a connected device can browse the web just fine
4. using wifi - no problem. using APN - as seen in picture.

Any Idea?

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Picture doesnt work. Try saving to your PC then upload to imageshack. Amazon probably doesnt want you hotlinking there images, or the URL format cant be processed by IMG tags here.

Does the problem happen in another browser on the phone like xScope,Dolphin HD or Mini, or Opera Mini.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried clearing your browsers cache, cookies, history? Have you attempted to use another browser to see if you still have issues?

biknut1

Reaction score
Browsers

Hi

For the last few days I can not use the android browser. when I enter a web url i get this:

293934283.png

1. All was fine until last week, didn't change anything.
2. I can still access gmail, twitter, facebook etc
3. using thethering - a connected device can browse the web just fine
4. using wifi - no problem. using APN - as seen in picture.

Any Idea?

Try some of the other browsers in the market- Miren (my new fav), Dolphin Mini, xScope are some free ones. I prefer any of them over the stock one, because they have more features built in them. Check them out!

OP
R

Reader

Reaction score
Sorry for the missing picture, I've used the picture that I used in twitpic but they seems to have some problems now.

Anyway - thats the picture:

I've also used Dolphin HD as a browser - same problem, while using APN - blocked, but while using Wifi - clear.

My Operator (Orange) said that I should use their rom but they don't have one for that device.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You have an HTTP proxy configured.

The Squid proxy server at that configured proxy (eik.eik.pl) does not like your carrier's network address block. This is natural; a proper proxy server should only allow access for those from their network range.

WiFi is probably within that serviced network, that's why you get no errors.

Disable proxy in your browser's configuration.

Sorry for the missing picture, I've used the picture that I used in twitpic but they seems to have some problems now.

No, you hotlinked the picture. TwitPic uses Amazon Cloud services, and their direct links expire. You should've just linked the image page, not the image itself, and it would work.

Here's what you get if you try to download an expired Amazon-hosted static document:

Code:
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
<RequestId>9EF6DE6765AF17E9</RequestId>
<Expires>2011-05-08T13:12:47Z</Expires>
<HostId>
vuQz3bQsJE2dO8SqfyKHIKeVuN2q9mteyFxxjVZhDMPtcn3v668WnCehm8Xf4L8S
</HostId>
<ServerTime>2011-05-09T14:39:26Z</ServerTime>
</Error>

This above is for your direct image link.

To put it short: don't use twitpic for image hotlinking.

Last edited:
OP
R

Reader

Reaction score
You have an HTTP proxy configured.

The Squid proxy server at that configured proxy (eik.eik.pl) does not like your carrier's network address block. This is natural; a proper proxy server should only allow access for those from their network range.

WiFi is probably within that serviced network, that's why you get no errors.

Disable proxy in your browser's configuration.

How do I disable the HTTP proxy and where? I see no proxy configuration in my rom. its Fisson.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
I've just checked the market and found these:
HTTP Proxy Settings
WifiAid

It's also possible to change proxy settings via Android system settings database, but that approach requires SQL and SQLite knowledge.

According to the descriptions, WifiAid would be your best bet, as it allows you to set up proxies for different WiFi networks — so you can, for example, configure it to use eik.eik.pl when you're on their network, and disable proxy when you're using some other WiFi AP.

Last edited:
OP
R

Reader

Reaction score
I've just checked the market and found these:
HTTP Proxy Settings
WifiAid

I love you :)

So it seemed that I've installed HTTP proxy settings in the past in order to try and gain access to amazon appstore (locked outside the US) and removed it because it did not work.
Apparently - removing the application did not removed the settings and that's why I'm stack.
Reinstalled the application, removed the http proxy setting and WHOOHOO - I can use the browser again.

So, thanks

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Apparently - removing the application did not removed the settings and that's why I'm stack.
It's just because it adds a row called 'http_proxy' in the 'system' table of the settings.db SQLite database which is a system-wide parameter and not just an application setting.
So I doubt the uninstall process would attempt to remove that row, because it could have been set by some other application, and thus touching it might be a 'no-no'.

You're welcome.