Problems with bootlogo!?!

kushpancake

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm currently having a BIG problem trying to load different bootlogos onto my DX. Everytime I try to install the logoreplacer.zip using clockworkmod it just hangs at "Installing update..."
I have this problem EVERYTIME I try to install a "BL"
Any ideas, help, or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!!!!!

:blackdroid::greendroid::reddroid:​

Reaction score
you're selecting "install .zip from sd card", not "install update.zip", right?

i was changing them out manually for a while, but eventally i got lazy and spent the .99 for the tbh boot logo replacer app. they have a nice selection to choose from and it still supports custom logos. just pick, hit flash, and you're done.

Last edited:
OP
kushpancake

kushpancake

Reaction score

i was changing them out manually for a while, but eventally i got lazy and spent the .99 for the tbh boot logo replacer app. they have a nice selection to choose from and it still supports custom logos. just pick, hit flash, and you're done.

yup, i'm selecting install .zip from sd card, then selecting the LogoReplacer.zip file I want and then hit install... it just hangs on "installing file or zip or w/e" forever and then i just end up doing a batterypull and then have to start all over again. this is the most frustrating and annoying thing i think i ever had to do on any of my devices!
I may just have to get that tbh app you suggested. but any ideas on why im having so many issues doing this would be greatly appreciated! Oh yea i was just researching "deodexing" and really would like to do it... just have no idea how to or where to even start :mad::mad:

gmenfan83

Reaction score

yup, i'm selecting install .zip from sd card, then selecting the LogoReplacer.zip file I want and then hit install... it just hangs on "installing file or zip or w/e" forever and then i just end up doing a batterypull and then have to start all over again. this is the most frustrating and annoying thing i think i ever had to do on any of my devices!
I may just have to get that tbh app you suggested. but any ideas on why im having so many issues doing this would be greatly appreciated! Oh yea i was just researching "deodexing" and really would like to do it... just have no idea how to or where to even start :mad::mad:
are you on a rom?if so all roms out now will deodex for you upon the installation of that rom,,,if you dont want a rom but would like to stay stock but still theme etc then this will help you,,,,
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/108140-2-3-340-ota-auto-deodexer.html

OP
kushpancake

kushpancake

Reaction score
just downloaded the deodex app and about to install now...
@Brew, I didn't realize it but I had the TBH app this whole time lol works great but there was one app like RootTools or whatever that caused my 1st DX to bootloop and was bricked. Luckily, I was on my last day of the 30 day VZW warranty, and got lucky that they replaced it on the spot! The guy @ Verizon asked me "Did you try to hack the phone or root it, or anything like that?" And I just played dumb and said "I have no idea how this happened, my 3yr old son was playing with it and pressing buttons, and the phone started doing the bootloop."
Thanks for all the info...
But what do I do after I install the deodex app??