Problems with bk and rstapps....

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by joshk, Jul 8, 2010.

1. joshk

joshk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, here goes.... Im not anywhere near new to Chevy's work and Im usually pretty quiet unless I feel I can help or I cant figure it out on my own but Im stumped!! I have yet to get bkapps and rstapps to work. Im running the latest SS ROM but its been just updated (never wiped) since 4.0 or 4.1. Id like to clean up a lil and wipe in prep for 4.4 but I cant seem to get the restore part of this to finish. I can run bkapps -c and everything gets backed up. Turn the phone off, wipe, wipe, and flash 4.3. Reboot the phone and run rstapps -c. Tells me to be patient and then it starts to copy data. Few force closes and when it gets to Superuser Permission force close, terminal closes and it doesnt finish the restore. I cant even go into terminal and try again because I type su and hit enter and it force closes Superuser Permissions again and closes terminal. Is there something little that Im missing or maybe something big?? I just dont get it. I know its trying to work because the few apps before terminal closes get restored but nothing more then 2 or 3. Ive tried this more then once with the exact same results every time. Same few apps get restored then force close SU, then terminal closes and thats it. All she wrote. Reboot, try again, same thing. Wipe, wipe, flash 4.3, try again.... same thing. I really appreciate anyone that can help and I hope this was detailed enough. Thanks in advance to all that lend a hand!!

JOSH

2. joshk

joshk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BUMP :unsure:

JOSH

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    DOH! Sorry Josh, this slipped under my radar ...

Can you just skip by 4.3 and install 4.4? I believe these issues would be cleared up - and make sure to install the 4.4 bkapps into your current ROM before you backup ...

4. joshk

joshk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot Chevy. I'm at work will try if I get a chance.

JOSH

5. joshk

joshk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still no go. I followed your instructions.... When I get to rstapps, it throws a bunch of "stopped unexpectedly" errors around and if I try and watch in terminal it does restore some things but gets to point and closes terminal and I cant run anything till I reboot. Then Launcher Pro wont run and not everything is back.... I tried everything I could think of multiple times. Drained a full battery while I had some free time at work.... I dont have many, if any, issues with my setup but Id like to get it working. I want to be running and fresh clean install. Thanks for all your help Chevy. Guess Im stuck with TB, I lived with it before so can now. Thanks again,

JOSH

6. frankieg22x

frankieg22x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    bump

I'm also having this problem...

7. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    OK - so you installed the bkapps.zip from my 4.4 thread, ran bkapps -c in your current ROM.

Then you loaded up 4.4 after a full wipe, ran rstapps -c, and it's bombing? Can you get me some screenshots?

8. frankieg22x

frankieg22x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i ended up doing a nandroid restore and then loading 4.4 over that. I lost some apps, but it isn't a big deal.

9. Abadus

Abadus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Does your SD card have over 12 or so gigs on it? My phone started having problems when it became that full. :(

10. frankieg22x

frankieg22x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that might be the problem. my sd card is just about completely full

11. Abadus

Abadus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Posted in another thread as well. But my card was filling up. I started having small issues installing from the market. Wanted to use SP recovery to flash SS 4.4 so I made a backup and then flashed over with SP. Did rstapps and it bomed out about 1/2 way thgouh and when I tried downloading from the market it would just sit there forever on installing.

If I reverted back to a 2.1 rom with SP it would work. But the second I went to a 2.2 rom it would mess up again. So I wonder about Froyo and it's ability to use the SD card. I have taken my card back down to 5gig and it seems to be running fine now...... After 2 days or constant re-flashing and RSDing LOL.

12. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    I also have my doubts about Froyo's ability to handle it ... I do not use it myself!

13. Abadus

Abadus Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't think it is apps to SD it is probably something like when we had to partition hard drives in win 3.1 because it could not handle more than 1 gig or whatever the hard drive cap was.

I bet froyo is not optimized to use the full 16gig of the SD card. I thought it used to say expandable to 32 gig for the droid but with the 32 gig cards coming out it says it is not compatible.

Sorta sucks. But I guess I don't need 5-6 nandroids for both SP and Clockwork on my phone ;P

14. past_due

past_due New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a different problem. I was able to backup all my data using bkapps -c and it backed everything up to a folder on my SD Card named SimplyStunning\apps when I was running Kangerade 4.0.7.

I did a wipe and installed 5.0.9 and now when I am trying to run rstapps -c I am getting "rstapps: not found".

I've installed bkapps again in SPRecovery and it still won't work. Sorry if this question has already been asked/solved, but i couldn't find any threads.

15. joshk

joshk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It only works with SS when trying to restore. Chevy was nice enough to make backup work with other ROMs to make it easier to try his. Hope this helps.

JOSH