Problems with BB v0.8 and Smoked Glass theme

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Templer16, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Templer16

Templer16 New Member

Hello I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out some.

I am currently rooted and running BB v0.8 with SPrecovery 99.2b. And I am having one of 2 problems, first I was wondering if some could tell me or show how I can download the smokedglass theme that works with v.08.

I downloaded the updated theme that Pete lists in one of his post but I keep getting status 25 error. The file path is sd/nandroid/smokedglasstheme. Now there are folders inside the file he provides so I tried to remove all those folders and still get the same error?!?

My second problem is that I bought SetCPU and it does seem to actually let me over clock, everytime I hit refresh it just stays at 500mhz, I must of missed something somewhere anyone have any thoughts

THanks for any help you might be!
  2. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

For the theme, rename it to update.zip and instal it like that. I'm pretty sure that's how I did it. As for SetCPU, you might have to install a kernal. I suggest either AdamZ's or ChevyNo1 kernals.

ChevyNo1 - Get Yer Kernels Here (ERE25 Only)
    [Release] Smoked Glass Boots *Updated 03/08* (ALL Builds/Voltages - 42 Kernels))

Both tell you how to install them in their threads. Hope I helped. :)
  3. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

just rename the smokedglassthemee zip folder to update.zip (do not extract files) and boot into recovery, then update.. make sure you allow updates
  4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

God advice here so far. Want to make sure also that you use autodetect in set cpu as well instead of choosing just droid. In the app, press menu, then device selection, then autodetect.