problems with aol email account

flipper97

Reaction score
I have had the phone two weeks. After one week I started getting an aol connection error. I wouldn't get any new emails. I also couldn't delete old ones. I contacted tech support via twitter. Got a bunchof things to try, nothing worked. I wound up with multiple copies of the same email. I even went to verizon store...got set up with k-9 which worked but I'd still get the error from the old email client that is set up on phone automatically. And then some of my apps stopped working. So I did a hard reset and reinstalled...that worked for a week..now it's happening again. I was wondering if anyone else had this happen and how to fix this!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Wow, so sorry you are having difficulty with the phone. K9 has been a strong client for me and I've never had a problem with it. I am unfortunately not familiar with AOL, so I can't begin to help troubleshoot. Are you using the stock email client "email", to access it? You said that K9 worked but you were getting an error from the old email client. When you reset, did you try the old one again or go right to K9?