Problems with 3g

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Jaggezz, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jaggezz

Jaggezz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just switched from the stock 2.1 rooted to Bugless Beast v1.1 (with 800mhz kernel and smoked glass) a couple of days ago and today my 3g keeps dropping out. Wifi is disabled, and I know I'm not in a dead zone. I can't browse or check email, but I can still text and call. What gives? I installed from rom manager and everything went well, and has been working well for a few days. My network will connect for a minute or two and then be off for a while. I tried to search this up, but couldn't find anything.

2. dparm

dparm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    A few things...

Did you update your baseband? Did you update your PRL? Have you tried a different kernel?

3. Jaggezz

Jaggezz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope. I'm pretty new to this.

4. dparm

dparm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download the baseband update and install it. There's a thread pinned in this forum with the file.

Then update your PRL. Dial *22899 and wait a few minutes.

If that doesn't work, try a new kernel.

5. dparm

dparm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And more as an FYI, the baseband is sort of like the modem firmware. Newer versions make tweaks to how the cellular radio performs. For Froyo, you're supposed to update the baseband.

A PRL is a preferred roaming list and is sort of a database of network information for the phone to use. Carriers periodically update these PRLs with new information. You should keep the PRL up to date so that your phone can more easily latch onto towers and acquire a signal.

Always update the PRL after you flash to a new version of Android.

6. JLCollier2005

JLCollier2005 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having problems with 3G for the past 24 hours and haven't changed anything so it could b on verizons side.

7. Jaggezz

Jaggezz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought so too, but my girlfriend has the same phone on the same plan, and has no problems. Its weird that its been working for days since installing BB.

Thanks for the replies. Ill try your suggestions.

8. Jaggezz

Jaggezz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed pete's baseband update through rom manager, and updated the PRL when prompted after boot up and still nothing. Can I just install a new kernel from rom manager? Is there anything else to try?

9. Shivv

Shivv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This happened to me with 0.1 a week or two ago after installing NexTheme. I completely lost 3G, which I didn't realize until the next day at work. Spent most of my lunch on the phone with Verizon, hoping it was something on their end. It wasn't. After restoring my Nandroid backup of 0.1 I was fine. I even reinstalled NexTheme and had no 3G problems.

I would recommend doing a clean wipe and reinstall and seeing if that fixes it. It's not the most appealing thing to do, but it will probably fix the problem. Or you could go back to your last Nandroid and see if that helps. As far as the root cause, I have no idea.

Search tags for this page

droidvrazr flashed no 3g

galaxy s4 keeps dropping 3g