problems w/ nova launcher for droid maxx

skimmilk

Reaction score
i've had the Droid Razr Maxx since the middle of July & installed the update for ICS thereafter. been using nova launcher for about a week & at times my phone seems to slow down some as far as opening apps, widgets. in addition, there are times that all of the apps on my screen, start to shake....it doesn't do this alot do the "shaking" alot, usually only when I've been on the phone for a while, like a couple hours...

has anyone else experienced similar issues & if so how did you resolve it.

also an unrelated question, which launcher do you think is best for the droid maxx, overall...would very much appreciate your response. thank you.

mgrande

Reaction score
I dont have a maxx, but holo seems to be running alot smoother than go laumcher was on my droidx. It seems pretty resouce light. Worth a shot

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF skimmilk. I use Nova launcher but I have not had that problem. One of the things I learned from my og Droid days and probably is not nearly as necessary on the Razr, but can't hurt, is to have the stock launcher as naked as possible when using another launcher. This was necessary on the og Droid because having a bunch of widgets on both launchers bogged it down.

Other launchers to try are apex, holo and atom... very similar to Nova.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I use holo on my d2 and keep underclocked to 600mhz and I experience no lag so you should be fine using it on a maxx.

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk