1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problems w/ dialer and text messaging

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by zandroidong, May 20, 2011.

1. zandroidong

zandroidong New Member

Hey guys,

I'm in the 5.0.2 update and I've been having problems with my dialer. After A couple hours awhile when the phone's on it will start to lag and I won't be able to make calls. I end up having to restart my phone several times during the day and then it gets better but it's extremely annoying. I've locked my home as well as my messaging app (handcent) into the memory but none of this is working. I notice my phone will act up after it receives a text, which it will send to my phone about 5-6 times. I've disabled auto-retrieve and also the notifications in the stock messaging app. Is there a fix for this?
  2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Why not try out the PEv6 Beta... the older GB ROMs just don't compare... just fyi
  3. bbOGdroid

bbOGdroid New Member

I'm still running 4.2 because the memory management in the gingerbread releases always killed my email sync and some times chat (does v6 do better with this?). That said, I have the same issue as the OP where the dialer starts to flake, and I'll try and call someone and the dialer hangs and will suddenly dial like 90 seconds later.
  4. listenman20

listenman20 New Member

i've seen this before too...and also on other ROMs. altho i haven't fixed it yet i attribute the problem to the fact that i have launcherpro in both data/app and system/app. it's not the ROM in my case. it's a conflict of the 2 launcherpros.
Search tags for this page

dialer text not working android

dinc2 dialer wont come up

droid global 2 system dialer won't open