Problems texting on the Motorola R2D2

Chankins59

Reaction score
I am having problems with texting on my Motorola R2D2. This just started yesteray, 11-27-11. It will stop at a point and I have to wait for it to catch up with what I typed..sometimes it won't type it at all.. and sometimes I end up having to start all over..and usually just give up.. I love my R2D2 until this started happening. I've tried my virtual keyboard and my slider keyboard..I I have the same problem both..somebody PLEASE help me with this..I have even shut it down and removed the batterty and put it back in and restarted..I've done that twice, but it didn't help. I am so upset with this..Please tell me what to do to fix this..Is there a new upgrade that I dont' know about??:angry:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am having problems with texting on my Motorola R2D2. This just started yesteray, 11-27-11. It will stop at a point and I have to wait for it to catch up with what I typed..sometimes it won't type it at all.. and sometimes I end up having to start all over..and usually just give up.. I love my R2D2 until this started happening. I've tried my virtual keyboard and my slider keyboard..I I have the same problem both..somebody PLEASE help me with this..I have even shut it down and removed the batterty and put it back in and restarted..I've done that twice, but it didn't help. I am so upset with this..Please tell me what to do to fix this..Is there a new upgrade that I dont' know about??:angry:

Is it slowing down/lagging in any other apps? Can you type in the browser? In the market search?

If it's only in the messaging app, are you using the stock messaging app? Have you tried a third party messaging app? If you are using the native messaging app, try going to manage applications/all/messaging/clear data.

OP
C

Chankins59

Reaction score
:blink: It seems to drag when I try to type in the browser and when I try to post on Facebook.This just started happening..I never had this problem before. I am using the text messager that came wtih the unit. I have not downloaded any other messager..I type and it will show the first few letters and then the rest is blank..sometimes it catches up and then sometimes it will take me back to the previous screen..it's just strange and it's aggravating..I don't know what to do with it...I have a history cleaner that I run that will clean all app caches..so the cache is clean.

OP
C

Chankins59

Reaction score
Finally! I went back and realized what you actually mean for me to do..now my keyboard seems to be working ok again. Thank u so much..i'm still a newbie on the smartphones..lol:biggrin:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Finally! I went back and realized what you actually mean for me to do..now my keyboard seems to be working ok again. Thank u so much..i'm still a newbie on the smartphones..lol:biggrin:

We all were newbie's at one time or another. Some of us just happen to have been a newbie a little before you. You will be one of the old pros in no time at all.

Glad your problem got fixed!!