problems since update

jawgapeach

Reaction score
Has anyone else had issues with their phone since the android update? Its slow and I'm having issues loading Facebook.

Nursecindi

Reaction score
I was getting on this forum to find the very thing you just posted about. Ever since the last update my phone has been lagging something terrible. I don't have any issues with FB, but making a call takes forever, loading the gallery. One of the things I absolutely loved about this phone when I first got it was how lightening fast it was now this is no different than the Motorola i replaced. :( Any suggestions

NOVICE

Reaction score
Before going to radical alternative of resetting the phone, you might try removing the battery for a minute or two and see if that helps. (Assuming you haven't already tried this common trick.)

Nursecindi

Reaction score
Thanks i saw that on another post too, I'm going to give that a try and see if that helps.

OP
jawgapeach

jawgapeach

Reaction score
I'm having a terrible time getting pictures to load on Facebook. I've got a lot of lag even when typing on here. Its crazy.

Nursecindi

Reaction score
Have you tried the battery pull. I just did it and I'm going to see how that works. I did see other posts with people with similar complaints of lagging phones since the update.. Some were uninstalling apps they didn't use, some were clearing the cache, some were doing a full on reset. I'm not real tech savvy so if this doesn't solve the issue I'll just have to wait for more advise as more people have issues bc I don't want to do a factory reset. Good luck to you.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I suggest you clear out the cache, which is easy to do, first turn off the phone, then hold the volume button up the power button and the home button all at the same time, once you feel the phone vibrate and a small line of blue letters will appear at the top left hand corner, release the power button ONLY, keep holding the home and volume up button till you get into Android System Recovery screen, read the instructions that are in RED letters, scroll down to wipe cache partition, once that is done scroll back to reboot system now and press the power button, hope this helps.

wildbill86

Reaction score
I've had the same issues since 4.3. Cleared cache, pulled battery, nothing has helped. I would like to hear from someone that an FDR helped thern beforei do it myself

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like some of your apps might be having compatibility issues with 4.3, JB 4.3 is running smoothly on my S4.