Problems roaming

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
I'm in Taiwan. I do *not* want to incur any roaming fees. I won't place or take calls and everywhere I'm working has strong Wi-Fi. Is there a way I can force my Droid to forget it's a phone until I get home?

Also, it thinks it's 8:39 1970/01/01 but it's really 8:25 2010/3/8. Huh? Won't it get time from Wi-Fi?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hi chris :D just in case you haven 't figured out the problem here's a :bump: for ya :D please let us know if you get it figured out so that someone else that might need the answer ...will have it:D thanks

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try using airplane mode then turn on wifi. This should turn off the phone handset part and 3G and only use wifi. This will not fix the time because I believe it is pulled over the phones radio signal. Wifi has nothing to do with the time settings.

OP
C

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
Try using airplane mode then turn on wifi. This should turn off the phone handset part and 3G and only use wifi.

This worked well. I stayed in touch all week and kept the backlog in my GMail and Exchange mail down to a manageable level for my return to the office. Back in the US now. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!