1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problems roaming

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Chris.Nelson, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Chris.Nelson

Chris.Nelson New Member

I'm in Taiwan. I do *not* want to incur any roaming fees. I won't place or take calls and everywhere I'm working has strong Wi-Fi. Is there a way I can force my Droid to forget it's a phone until I get home?

Also, it thinks it's 8:39 1970/01/01 but it's really 8:25 2010/3/8. Huh? Won't it get time from Wi-Fi?
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

hi chris :D just in case you haven 't figured out the problem here's a :bump: for ya :D please let us know if you get it figured out so that someone else that might need the answer ...will have it:D thanks
  3. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Try using airplane mode then turn on wifi. This should turn off the phone handset part and 3G and only use wifi. This will not fix the time because I believe it is pulled over the phones radio signal. Wifi has nothing to do with the time settings.
  4. Chris.Nelson

Chris.Nelson New Member

This worked well. I stayed in touch all week and kept the backlog in my GMail and Exchange mail down to a manageable level for my return to the office. Back in the US now. Ahhhhhhhhhhh!
Search tags for this page
droid incredible wont stop roaming
flashed droid x2 wont stop roaming
how can i stop my droid mini from roaming

my droid 2 is roaming and wont stop

my motorola phone keeps roaming and it wont stop how can i f
stop raoming on droid bionic

verizon phone wont stop roaming

why does motorola droid razr not identify data roaming