Problems problems problems

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by bjof45, Dec 29, 2010.

1. bjof45

bjof45 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just gotten a replacement droid 1(CLNR) so the first thing I have to do is root it, which I did. I had problems putting the nandroid backups on my new phone, or it would work but a reboot and rstapps later, it wud be crap, so I gave up on that.

I tried installing 4.95, as well that didn't work, I would just get stuck on the bootanimation.

Now I have 4.9 working as well, everything going good but I notice some of my phone options don't work, specificly the ones that reboot into recovery and power off, they both just reboot the phone normally, what can I do?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    As far as 4.95 - not sure why you got stuck at the bootanimation.

For 4.9 - I have no idea why the reboot options would not work - only way I can see that happening is if services.jar or framework-res.apk were modified after install ...

3. brad r

brad r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My reboot recovery option doesn't work either, but my power off does, so I don't know what to tell ya. I reboot into recovery by powering off and then holding x and the power button together.

I guess you could just pull the battery when you want to power off, heh.

Oh, and usually when you get stuck at the boot animation, it's a kernel issue, right? That's what I always assume, anyway. I'd say try a different kernel.

4. bjof45

bjof45 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @bradr actually, it was stuck at bootanimation yet, if I touched the screen, it was as if I was at the lock screen that pops up, I could feel as it slide across to unlock it,etc

@chevy nothing was modified that I know of, fresh install. Is there any approach I can take to see if that was the case though?

5. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    You're getting these issues on 4.95? I don't get it - I've rebooted to recovery using these options about 20 times today

6. ChevyNo1

Ratings:
    +5
    I assume you performed a full wipe as a test?

7. bjof45

bjof45 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The reboot issues are with 4.9(couldn't get 4.95 to work) and I did the two options in sprecovery wipe cache/wipe data before installing 4.9

8. brad r

brad r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried it again and it worked. Of course, I was having these issues when I was using the 1.25 ghz kernel, and it was causing different problems. The reboot recovery issue would just reboot the phone. Anyway, I'm using the 1.1 ghz kernel now, so maybe that is why it works for me now.

9. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As people's phone get older, I think kernels will start affecting them more as the hardware tends to tire. Chevy maybe you could start out with a 800MHz kernel and give people the option to move to a higher kernel on their discretion. NOW that being said if people use ROM manager to install a new ROM and their given the option to select a kernel as i believe Chevy does then it's their fault thinking their phone can handle a hotrod kernel. Chevy even tells you if you have any issues with boot-loop or random reboots to either wipe or try a slower kernel or go up in voltage. People need to remember that the mating between hardware and software needs to be a good match in order to work together properly. Basic stuff right? Chevy makes excellent ROMS and any issues or problems can normally be traced back to user error. This includes me..... The nice thing is to see the community pull together and fix any issues people are having and that's why I love it so much!!! Chevy ROMs ROCK!!!!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011