problems playing uploaded video...

Youngster77

Reaction score
i uploaded a movie thats an mpeg-4 and the bionics having a hard time playing it. its a 720p BDrip file. when i first started playing it the time lapse was goin really fast and the screen stayed blcak. if i moved the the cursor back a little i could see a picture but its frozen. i tried playing it several times with the same results and one time i got an error window saying not able to play file. any recommendations?

wseyller

Reaction score
There are certain formats that Android doesn't do well natively. There are some video player apps in the market that support more formats. Rock Player is one that I used a long time ago that might work for you. Although currently I re-encode all my videos so it works without a special app. I use Videora for that. I figure the phone can't display resolutions that high anyway unless you use hdmi mirroring of course to an hdmi tv. Also encoding it reduces the file size a good bit.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FoxrealVideo

Reaction score
can this video play well on your computer?
i think some video parameters aren't suitable for bionic, such as bitrate, sample rate, size, codec etc. below is a preset for droid x supplied by foxreal Blu-ray ripper, as follows, the two smartphones seem the same in some respects, hope you can find something useful

View attachment 41092

Last edited:

rvcjew

Reaction score
bionic should do what my D3 can, get moboplayer in the market, its free it can play most mkv's in 1080 with some slight stutter, you will not be able to play a 20Mbps file without converting, highest i can run is 8000Kb's, your audio should be 2 channel 48khz also if you need more info Google mediainfo its a great program to determine what your working with. If you have an NVIDIA GPU then try out Badaboom to convert you videos i use the custom preset and use advanced settings with HARDWARE tab: GPU acell, VIDEO: video must be baseline(not main) under profile. level is auto, rate control VBR set your bitrate at about 5000 for starters and see if you like the result. PICTURE: resolution is 960x540, aspect fill,no deinterlace. AUDIO: stereo downmix 160kbit, no gain unless you want it. with those settings i can convert a 14GB 1080p rip in about 30 minutes with about 3GB file size after. you should get .mp4 file at the end. my favorite mp4 player is act 1. I do NOT work for either of those companies this is just what i have found works best for me. happy viewing. EDIT: if your audio is messed up try using 44100khz instead of 48khz.
LOL SECOND EDIT: just saying foxreals is CUDA supported as well.

Last edited:

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Rock player lite id the only player that I've found (the wife and I literally went thru all I could dl for free , one after the other with the same movie) that played without any sync issues... Hope that works for you...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rvcjew

Reaction score
Rock player lite id the only player that I've found (the wife and I literally went thru all I could dl for free , one after the other with the same movie) that played without any sync issues... Hope that works for you...

hmm just goes to show everyones phone is different mine works better with mobo player.

Beamed from my SteelDroid D3

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
hmm just goes to show everyones phone is different mine works better with mobo player.

Rofl, mobo on your D3?
You did notice this issue was directly referring to bionic tech, lol
Sorry mate, lol talk about random trolling... (meant in good form not to flame you)

rvcjew

Reaction score
Rofl, mobo on your D3?
You did notice this issue was directly referring to bionic tech, lol
Sorry mate, lol talk about random trolling... (meant in good form not to flame you)

I am aware that this a bionic forum but im also aware that our phones are same specs and parts cept for radio and ram size/partition breakup.