problems pic texting

shenue

Reaction score
I've had my droid for about 1 1/2 years and have never had any problems texting pictures to pictures. However the last 4 or 5 times I've tried, it just won't send. It tries over and over, but in the end I get the 'failed' message. I just can't figure out what the problem is all of a sudden. Like I said, it has worked great since the start, until just recently. I've not added anything new to the phone recently or changed any settings. Any thoughts on what it could be? I would so very much appreciate any help from you all.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
So when did it start... When you say all of a sudden do you mean like... today, or over a longer period. If it literally just started, and you havent changed anything, then its probably the carrier or tower. If it has been doing it for say the last couple of days, regardless of where you are, let me know.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
With the phone on, take off the back, remove the battery. Put battery back in and restart phone and see if that clears things up. If it doesn't, maybe your account had a recent change, someone logged on and erroneously blocked picture texting. Finally, you may have to factory reset the phone to clear it up, of course after you backup everything, and you know you Gmail account Id/password.

OP
S

shenue

Reaction score
So when did it start... When you say all of a sudden do you mean like... today, or over a longer period. If it literally just started, and you havent changed anything, then its probably the carrier or tower. If it has been doing it for say the last couple of days, regardless of where you are, let me know.

My daughter and I are always texting pics back and forth. The problem started about a week ago. Up until then, it worked fine. I didn't worry about it and just figured it was a temporary thing. But I tried to send her a pic this morning and it did the same thing...failed. The phone kept trying and trying but ultimately the little red 'x' came up and the message that it had failed. There have been no changes in our account. It is just my hubby and me and we've not changed anything. He said his is still working fine. And the pictures are ones that were taken with the phone. When I select the pic I want to send, I get the usual message that it is being converted and it tries to send it. I am stumped and so is my hubby and he is really good with the phones.