Problems People Are Having After Rooting There Bionic

camaro1173

Reaction score
Hi all I have done a lot of reading and searching looking for problems/issues after rotting the Bionic. the reason I am looking for the P/I is to know what to expect and to know how to fix them.

I thought starting a dedicated Thread where we all can post are P/I in one place would make things much easier for all.
So if you have rotted your Bionic and have run into any P/I, please post what P/I your having, if you have found a fix for it please share.

themufferman

Reaction score
"Their" Bionic...

Only problems I have had are random freezes from using Set CPU, it was fixed by uninstalling Set CPU. I also had a big issue with losing 3g coverage and having no way to get it back. I installed the new Th3ory rom and I've had no problems since, 3g has been perfect. I really can't think of any other problems I've been having.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems from rooting my Bionic and I wouldn't expect any from simple root access, it's not until you start messing with the files root allows access to that problems really arise

Impact9

Reaction score
I've rooted on day one and aside from a very rare and random reboot it's been working just fine since I locked in 3G. It was having a issue with auto switching from 4G to 3G to wireless probably because I live right on the very edge of 4G coverage and the phone couldn't decide which mode to stay in. I forced 3G and change when I am closer to a solid 4G signal now and that solved the problem.

OP
camaro1173

camaro1173

Reaction score
"Their" Bionic...

Only problems I have had are random freezes from using Set CPU, it was fixed by uninstalling Set CPU. I also had a big issue with losing 3g coverage and having no way to get it back. I installed the new Th3ory rom and I've had no problems since, 3g has been perfect. I really can't think of any other problems I've been having.

Their LOL :icon_eek:

missrachel

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems from rooting my Bionic and I wouldn't expect any from simple root access, it's not until you start messing with the files root allows access to that problems really arise

So true. I rooted on Day 1 and have not had any problems since...

PhontomF

Reaction score
Only problem I've noticed is that the stock wallpapers are no longer an option when I choose the wallpaper menu. Probably from something I froze but can't figure out what it is, not a big deal regardless.

OP
camaro1173

camaro1173

Reaction score
Thanks for the few post so far.
It sounds like no one is really having any problems form just rooting the phone.
I guess all problems I have read about or heard, must have been caused by the owners either freezing or deleting something they should have.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
One thing to watch out for... rooting will kill your blockbuster video app.... normally i wouldn't give a crap about that but just recently we went travelling... so i downloaded a bunch of videos to keep my kid busy on the plane... (that worked out really well by the way.. withe the lapdock all charged up i had 8 hours of flight time with no problems and still came off with some battery left)... the problem started when i rooted ... when you start up the blockbuster app it tells you it has detected tampering with your device and won't access any of the videos you've paid for... ahhh whatever... wasted 50 bucks on downloads that i can't use anymore... so screw blockbuster... DELETE... another bloat app bites the dust and i'll remember to stick with free and open downloads from now on.

OP
camaro1173

camaro1173

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on blockbuster I don't use it at all so that dose not matter to me at all..

TomSr

Reaction score
I have been having a problem with the phone rebooting when using the legitimate Mobile Hotspot program. Not sure if this is due to rooting, but Verizon is sending me a new phone.

Now, how to unroot before sending it back?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

TomSr

Reaction score
Going to give it a try since that's how I did the root.

Thanks

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
The only problem I've run into was while trying to mass move apk's to debloat and trying to move DLNA... Had to reset with nandroid backup and start debloat over, lol... DLNA is one embedded piece of work! Hour there is a cure since I have yet to find a good use for it... (open to suggestions, lol)