1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

problems need help with decision

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by rican408, Jun 7, 2010.

1. rican408

rican408 New Member

so last night i did the baseband upgrade and noticed very soon after that i could not charge my phone!i figured it was the upgrade so i did a nandroid backup. ive been looking stuff up, applied old baseband, everything i do doesnt work. my battery is now completely dead and even when it was on i couldent get it to recognize usb.
    first you guys think it was coincidence?
    should i get a replacement from verizon or asurion?
  2. FoFa

FoFa New Member

If my phone shuts down because it is too low, a lot of times the USB will not charge it and I have to go to the wall charger.
    Don't know if it will make a difference here, but thought it worth a mention.
  3. rican408

rican408 New Member

thanx for the reply but for sure one of the first things i tried.....
    and the only reason im worried about taking it in is because im rooted. dont want them to somehow boot it up and see that.
    i also dont wanna go to asurion cuz i dont wanna pay 100 buks!
  4. Taegost

Taegost New Member

How long did you let it charge before you tried it? When mine dies completely, sometimes I have to let it charge for 5-15 minutes before it'll even turn on.
    If I use USB to charge it, that'll take even longer.
  5. rican408

rican408 New Member

the thing is, even when it was on the led wouldent turn on, it would not charge and it would not recognize usb. its like the port just took a poop on me.
  6. rican408

rican408 New Member

i am now more sure it is the port.... if i put the charger in 25% of the way i get the led on, it will turn the phone on but will not continue to charge. placing the charger in all the way will do nothing... kinda random, i havent forced anything in there or anything like that.