Problems linking email???

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by cicima6709, Jan 14, 2011.

1. cicima6709

cicima6709 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I posted this on the Incredible forum, but wasnt able to get much help, so i thought i would try here.

I just got the Droid Incredible, and am having trouble linking my hotmail account to it. I have read everything i have to do, and after i click on Exchange Active Sync, and put in all my information, i click next, and it tells me to pick between mail/contacts/calendar. After i pick, i click finish setup, but i get an error message. Anyone know why this is?

Should i just do it through Other(Pop3/IMAP) instead of exchange active sync? Is there a difference?

Thanks for your help guys

2. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You might have better luck since it's not really Incredible-specific.

Posting the settings you're using or at least a link to whatever you're referencing would help as would the details of the error message. What app are you using? Have you tried any others?

Yup. Depends on your goal. Is IMAP even an option for Hotmail? If you want push then POP isn't a suitable solution.

3. cicima6709

cicima6709 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I havent downloaded any apps yet, im just using the basic email app. I click on the Mail app, and it asks me for sync or pop3. I clicked sync. It then asks me for my email and password. I typed it in, and have tried clicking both NEXT and Manual Set-up.

Either way, it takes you to a screen and asks for domain/username/etc. I have found in an earlier thread that you are supposed to put in your email, and then for server use m.hotmail.com. I have done this (and also tried every other variation possible). I also checked the thing about an encrypted SSL connection. After i fill this in, it says verifying, and takes me to the next screen. There it asks me if i would like to sync Mail, Contacts, and/or Calendar. I select just mail (though i have tried selecting all also), and then it says it is verifying again.

Lastly, i get an error. It says...

ERROR

Failed to create the account.
    Please try again later.

I have been trying for two days, and seems everytime i get this error. Any idea why?

4. cicima6709

cicima6709 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anything guys? Any help would be really appreciated...

5. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +35
    Try K-9 Mail and see if that helps

DroidForums Junkie!!

Search tags for this page

difference between activesync and pop3

email android trouble linking

phone not sending emails