Problems installing

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I'm trying to install this rom and am getting bizarre results. Since I was coming from a froyo rom (bugless 0.3), I didn't wipe cache and data. I installed using ClockworkRecovery. It started to boot and got to the boot animation - but it would only show a couple frames and restart. It did this for a good 10-15 minutes or so before I gave up and restored to a backup. I tried it again with wiping cache and data and got even less of a result - no boot animation at all, just a black screen.

Does this ROM only work when installed over a particular base image? I noticed that the zip is only 16mb, which seems like it wouldn't include all of /system

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Almost every "ROM" I've ever tried is roughly 70 MB in size, in update.zip form. If you get something much less than that than something went wrong in downloading.

Also hopefully you can get away with not wiping data+cache, but I always prefer to do so when switching between ROMs, even if they are the same base (eclair, froyo, etc.).

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Almost every "ROM" I've ever tried is roughly 70 MB in size, in update.zip form. If you get something much less than that than something went wrong in downloading.

Also hopefully you can get away with not wiping data+cache, but I always prefer to do so when switching between ROMs, even if they are the same base (eclair, froyo, etc.).

Yes, like I said, I downloaded the theme instead of the rom by mistake. I'll give it another shot once I download the actual rom.

OP
S

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Yeah, that worked much better when I downloaded the correct file :)