Problems installing half of what's in repository on 9.8...

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by powerwagon, Apr 7, 2010.

1. powerwagon

powerwagon Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I will preface this post with the fact that I am new to most of this. However, I am finding that a lot of what's on the repository is unable to be installed on 9.8. Am I the only one having this issue? I did a Nandroid install of 9.8 and installed nextheme through sprecovery as well as Droid fonts, quickoffice and a new boot theme. I cannot however install Droid wallpapers, any type of HTC keyboard (which I really want). Help a brother out, especially on the htc keyboard thing...would love to have that keyboard back. I know I could probably re-install ROM Manager and reflash new recovery and get it that way, but pita in my opinion.

thanks,
    Alan

*Edit - figured out keyboard - still need help on others.

2. entr0py

entr0py New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what did you do special to install the HTC keyboard? I am getting installation aborted when I rename it to update.zip
    Thanks

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Hey, Alan. Can you please tell me how you attempted to install the HTC keyboard and what error you received.

Mike

4. jayluv

jayluv New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    entropy to install htc ime keyboard i assume u are using the one from the repositories extract the zip file and find the 2 apk files one should be clicker.apk and htc_ime.apk install htc_ime.apk first then clicker.apk and goto settings keyboard settings and select the other keyboard.. hope this helps