Problems Installing Apps

dannyro

Reaction score
I have had several occasions where I am installing a new app on my phone (either from the Google Market or Amazon) and I get either "install failed" or "there is not enough memory to complete the install". I literally have 3.5 gigs available of phone storage and have only used 500MB comprised of about 50 apps. I know I have plenty of memory; I never EVER had this problem on my Droid X, and was wondering is anyone else having this issue? Is this another one of those bugs they have to fix (like the App2SD problem)?

Any help or insight is appreciated.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have had several occasions where I am installing a new app on my phone (either from the Google Market or Amazon) and I get either "install failed" or "there is not enough memory to complete the install". I literally have 3.5 gigs available of phone storage and have only used 500MB comprised of about 50 apps. I know I have plenty of memory; I never EVER had this problem on my Droid X, and was wondering is anyone else having this issue? Is this another one of those bugs they have to fix (like the App2SD problem)?

Any help or insight is appreciated.

This seems to be a common problem. One thing to check is whether you have any apps installed in the media area. If you do move them to the phone. I had one app installed there and was having apps not install. I did find that if I simply reinstalled the app, it would work the second time. However, since moving the one app I that had automatically installed in the media are, I've not had the issue again. It seems, from my experience and from reading posts from others, that some apps automatically install in the media area. So, for right now, it's something to be checked after installing apps.

Good luck and YMMV!!

OP
dannyro

dannyro

Reaction score
Funny thing is I still have some apps in the media area that I moved (before I realized there was an issue with that on this phone) that still open and don't disappear when I restart my phone. Since they have not caused a problem, I never moved them back. Do you think they are still somehow causing an issue?