Problems flashing ComRom 2.0

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I'm pretty new to the fascinate but as my girlfriends phone has been acting up I've been attempting to root and flash to help with the problems.

I rooted using superoneclick and it seems to have worked because I have superuser access. I downloaded RomManager and flashed clockworkmod recovery for fascinate.

I downloaded the ComRom Pbj -50 undervolted rom and put it on the sd card, but when I boot into recovery through ROM manager or even manually the proper options dont seem to come up on the screen?? I feel like I'm definitely missing something here and I've been trying to research online but there's so much stuff I can't seem to find what's applicable in my case.

I keep reading about flashing via Odin but I don't know what pit file to use and all the roms I download are zip files and it seems like you need .tar files for Odin. I keep looking but all the Odin tutorials are for flashing back to stock so I'm kind of confused about that as well.

If someone could help me with a proper process of flashing this specific ROM and links to the downloads that I need I would really really really appreciate it.

Thanks

Edit: Hmm, so I think the problem that I'm running into is that I need to flash a kernel via Odin before flashing a rom via recovery mode. Is that correct? If so, is the 512 pit the correct pit file and what should I take into consideration when picking the kernel to flash?
Her phone is running v2.2.1 if that has any bearing on which files to use.

Last edited:

Vinnie981

Reaction score
First thing you did wrong is use rom manager.....its badly compadible with the fascinate....also the recovery that comes with rom manager is old and doesn't support the scripting that comm. Rom needs and uses to flash

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Vinnie981

Reaction score
Also you dont need to odin a kernel if you flashing comm. Rom. Its included in the flash. You need to odin the latest recovery....make sure battery is out of phone when u do odin. Once you odin lastest recovery you need to restart phone and enter recovery using 3 button mode. Once in recovery you need to wipe dalvik, wipe cache, and full wipe 3x each......then flash comm. Rom 2.0 OTB fully reboot phone once complete. Then reenter recovery and flash com rom 2.1....no wipes needed.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

OP
I

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Sorry for being slow but what do you mean by flashing latest recovery?