Problems ever since installing 2.2

JTinHB

Reaction score
Ever since I did the OS upgrade last August, I've had many problems with my Motorola Droid A855. With the 2.1, I had no problems at all and the only thing it doesn't do that the iphone does is drop calls.

Now the battery life is horrible, the touch screen is much less responsive, the phone freezes up every other day or so. It reminds me of Vista an want to go back to XP.

How do I go back to 2.1?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Are you on FRG22D or FRG01B? If it's 01B you should install the update for 22D manually. If it's 22D you should do a factory reset -- which you'll end up doing if you root and go back to 2.1 anyway, so might as well give this a try first. 2.2 really is a major upgrade over 2.1, with a lot of features and additional benefits, including the JIT compiler that, when your phone is working correctly, greatly improves app speed.

OP
J

JTinHB

Reaction score
Thanks. I have the FRG22D and did the factory reset. It seems to be working better at first glance. I'll let you know if that changes.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You're welcome. OTA pushed installs often had problems. When the big push was on we saw hundreds of complaints of bad performance and the usual option was to manually install the larger update file or to do a factory reset. Most people preferred the larger update file, but after having it for a few months your caches were pretty badly clogged and the only way to clear those on a stock phone is with a reset, so I went right for that. :)

Plus, like I said, you'd end up doing it anyway if you went ahead to downgrade, so why not just do it and see if it helps. I'm glad it did.:)