1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problems down grading/ rooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Boomer3, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Boomer3

Boomer3 New Member

So I accepted the 2.1 update (terrible Idea) and can not get the down grade back to 2.0.1 to work. I cant get RSD lite to find my droid, I have the .sbf ready and my phone all set (power on, hold up on d-pad) but the rsd isnt recognizing my phone so when i push start nothing is happening, any ideas?
  2. stedrocklp

stedrocklp New Member

what drivers did you install before using rsdlite? is your phone getting into bootloader mode?
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

4. Boomer3

Boomer3 New Member

Yes my phone is getting into bootloader mode but when I load up rsd lite, I can not transer the sbf file via usb to the phone, I click start and nothing happens. Rsdlite doesn't even show its connected to my phone, and I'm using a 64 bit driver. With vista 64 bit
  5. stedrocklp

stedrocklp New Member

while rsdlite is open switch usb ports. Rsd will flash properly once you see some info in the top boxes about your phone. When I used rsd I had to try many times to get it to show the info from my phone. I know you said you have the right driver installed but you might want to give anotherone a shot because it seems that its not connecting to your computer correctly. Try using the driver off the moto site HERE.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  6. agent42o

agent42o New Member

If you are running windows, go to the device manager and check under "Adb Interface" it should show "Mot Composite ADB Interface" Not "Android Phone"

If it shows anything other than "Mot Composite ADB Interface" go to motorolas site and get the driver for the droid (sorry, I don't have a link to it) otherwise, it won't actually get the phone right.
  7. Boomer3

Boomer3 New Member

Switch usb ports?, the tutorial says don't switch or just don't switched after flash has started? As for drivers I attempted to load 32 but it says it won't configure with it and stops my install
  8. agent42o

agent42o New Member

Did you get the drivers from Motorolas site? What OS are you running on your PC? Windows 7? Linux? Mac?
  9. stedrocklp

stedrocklp New Member

yes definitely do NOT switch while flashing but you can switch if you arent. I am only telling you what worked for me. Did you try the 64 bit driver from the link I provided as it may be different?
  10. Boomer3

Boomer3 New Member

Ok, here is where im at, Went to motorolas site, downloader there 4.5.0 usb driver, which was an update from the one i previously downloaded. however, I am still stuck not having rsd lite pick up my phone. And I am running 64 bit vista for those of you who asked. Also I am trying to check the "adb interface" in device manager, cant see to find that though. I have device manager up but no where am i seeing adb interface?
  11. ForestGump

ForestGump New Member

I am having the same problem. RSD Lite cant find it. Is it because I can not get the program to run as an administrator? It's completely grayed out and I cant find a way to have it not grayed out.
  12. Boomer3

Boomer3 New Member

I have no clue, I also can not check the run as admin box fully grayed foor me too, I've been trying to figure this out for a couple days so when I do ill post it
  13. idinostar

idinostar New Member

That is, most likely, why you're having the issues. Are you running under an administrator account? Or just a secondary one?

The reason I ask is because I'm running on my main admin account on my computer, but despite this I STILL had to check the admin box. I assume that it's grayed out because you're not in an account that has admin privileges.

I apologize if that didn't make sense.
  14. Boomer3

Boomer3 New Member

K I'm pretty sure I'm on an admin account, but you think I might not be because it is grayed out? Ill double check have you gotten it to work?
  15. idinostar

idinostar New Member

Yeah, after a day and a half of trying to get RSDlite to detect my droid, it was cake after that. If you already are on an administrator account, I'm not quite sure what to tell you other than right click and try to click "Run as Administrator" if you have that option (but that might be a windows 7 thing, I forget)

I'm sure if I didn't help, the other users on this forum would be more than happy to! Best of luck!
  16. RoLa

RoLa New Member

This is one method of several that should work for you:

1. Launch MSCONFIG by from the Run menu.
    2. Click on the Tools tab. Scroll down till you find “Disable UAC”

1. Press the Launch button.
    2. A CMD window will open. When the command is done, you can close the window.
    3. Close MSCONFIG. You need to reboot the computer for changes to apply.
    This is method two to turn off UAC:

1. Open up Control Panel, and type in “UAC” into the search box. You’ll see a link for “Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off”
    2. On the next screen you should uncheck the box for “Use User Account Control (UAC)”, and then click on the OK button.
    3. You’ll need to reboot your computer before the changes take effect.
  17. Boomer3

Boomer3 New Member

roladroid, So I turned off the UAC but still not detecting, and in the advanced shortcut properties menu the run as admin is still grayed out. Could my issue be that im running it on a 64 bit? Couple guys I know who are fairly tech savvy tell me that 64 bit sucks and not all programs are compatible with it?

Any other ideas?
  18. Boomer3

Boomer3 New Member

also attempted the activating the admin account like you PMed me about, didnt change anything run as admin still grayed out
  19. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Sorry...no!

I ran rsd lite on my 64 bit vista laptop and had no option for run as administrator. It worked flawlessly. All I did wad read each step slowly and executed each step exactly as the instructions said.

Tell your tech friends that 64 bit sux when you don't know how to use it.

Nate
  20. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

I'm curious. Those having problems using rsd lite and phone not recognized. Are you using the USB cable supplied with the phone or third party cable. I've heard some are different. I always shrugged that comment off...but for the RSD Lite fladh I used the cable that came with the phone and wonder if that is why it worked flawlessly for me and not for you.

Nate