Problems Disable 4g Radio

wildfire6522

Reaction score
I have the LG Revolution, and there are times I would like to disable the 4g radio in the phone, to help conserve some battery (as this phone likes the battery a lot). I've read where you should be able to dial "*#*#4636#*#*" and go into phone information and be able to change the phone to not try 4g...

Well my problem is that when I bring up the menu by dialing the number. If I choose Phone information, the phone app crashes. I get the "Sorry! The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." My phone was both rooted and not rooted in this attempt and both throw that error...

So I talked to a guy at the Verizon store and was blown away by his solution, just put my phone into airplane mode and turn on wifi... I pointed out that wouldn't let me send/receive text messages or phone calls... So he was useless and he said Verizon doesn't endorse the use of those menus...

So in short, anyone know of a way to disable the 4G radio on these phones? I know there are times I don't need 4G and would really like to get a little more battery life out of the phone...

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are 4G toggle Widgets in the market or I am sure you can turn it off in the settings

SkyNet Liberty AOSP

RIO5

Reaction score
Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile Networks > System Select > Network Mode > CDMA Only...its turns off 4G and it only uses 3G, it also reboots your phone every time you change this setting, so you know.

My best friend works at Verizon and she didnt know that you could turn off the 4G on the Revolution. I am stunned that a lot of Verizon employees dont know all the INs and OUTs of their own products.