1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problems Connecting Droid with Computer

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Musturd, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Musturd

Musturd New Member

I have a weird problem...
    Whenever I plug my Droid into my computer, when the phone is ON, the phone restarts and begins to boot up, less than a second after the lock screen shows up, it restarts again. Even if I manage to unlock the phone in that one second window, it still restarts.
    Whenever I plug my Droid into my computer, when the phone is OFF, the phone says something along the lines of "to enter bootloader mode press OK" in white text.

I'd really like to connect my Droid to my computer (particularly for Proxoid)

I'd appreciate some help; thanks.
  2. thatguychuck

thatguychuck New Member

Did you make ANY changes before this problem started? Or did it just start doing it one day?
  3. loop4zil

loop4zil New Member

Had the same issue...fixed by factory reset. Before you do this I would do some basic troubleshooting.

1)Do a battery pull then try to connect
    ....if that doesn't work
    2)Do a sdcard pull...while your at it put the sdcard in a reader and connect it to your pc just to eliminate the possibility of a bad sdcard...assuming the sdcard is ok...then reinsert the card back into your droid and try to connect
    ....if that doesn't work
    3)I would uninstall any recent apps that you have added...reboot droid... then try to connect
    ...if that doesn't work
    4)You may want to consider trying a factory reset....cause I am out of ideas

Anyone else?
  4. Musturd

Musturd New Member

I recently replaced my phone because the screen broke, and it hasn't worked since I got it replaced (this is the first time I'm trying)

Thanks for your help, but things have changed.

I recently installed Tether which (changed my adb.exe driver I think). And now my phone will connect and give me the option of mounting/debugging. I cannot Mount the phone. My phone thinks it is mounted, but I cannot find it in Windows Explorer. I am running Windows 7 x64 if that matters.

Does this change the situation? thanks
Search tags for this page
a955 connect to computer
connecting droid to pc troubleshooting
droid x2 problem with connecting to laptop
plug droid into windows

problems connecting droid to computer

problems connecting droid with computer
problems linking motorola droid x to computer
problems with motorola droid connecting to pc
trying to plug samsung droid into computer