Problems Connecting Droid with Computer

Musturd

Reaction score
I have a weird problem...
Whenever I plug my Droid into my computer, when the phone is ON, the phone restarts and begins to boot up, less than a second after the lock screen shows up, it restarts again. Even if I manage to unlock the phone in that one second window, it still restarts.
Whenever I plug my Droid into my computer, when the phone is OFF, the phone says something along the lines of "to enter bootloader mode press OK" in white text.

I'd really like to connect my Droid to my computer (particularly for Proxoid)

I'd appreciate some help; thanks.

thatguychuck

Reaction score
Did you make ANY changes before this problem started? Or did it just start doing it one day?

loop4zil

Reaction score
Whenever I plug my Droid into my computer, when the phone is ON, the phone restarts and begins to boot up, less than a second after the lock screen shows up, it restarts again. Even if I manage to unlock the phone in that one second window, it still restarts.
Whenever I plug my Droid into my computer, when the phone is OFF, the phone says something along the lines of "to enter bootloader mode press OK" in white text.

Had the same issue...fixed by factory reset. Before you do this I would do some basic troubleshooting.

1)Do a battery pull then try to connect
....if that doesn't work
2)Do a sdcard pull...while your at it put the sdcard in a reader and connect it to your pc just to eliminate the possibility of a bad sdcard...assuming the sdcard is ok...then reinsert the card back into your droid and try to connect
....if that doesn't work
3)I would uninstall any recent apps that you have added...reboot droid... then try to connect
...if that doesn't work
4)You may want to consider trying a factory reset....cause I am out of ideas

Anyone else?

OP
M

Musturd

Reaction score
I recently replaced my phone because the screen broke, and it hasn't worked since I got it replaced (this is the first time I'm trying)

Had the same issue...fixed by factory reset. Before you do this I would do some basic troubleshooting.

1)Do a battery pull then try to connect
....if that doesn't work
2)Do a sdcard pull...while your at it put the sdcard in a reader and connect it to your pc just to eliminate the possibility of a bad sdcard...assuming the sdcard is ok...then reinsert the card back into your droid and try to connect
....if that doesn't work
3)I would uninstall any recent apps that you have added...reboot droid... then try to connect
...if that doesn't work
4)You may want to consider trying a factory reset....cause I am out of ideas

Anyone else?

Thanks for your help, but things have changed.

I recently installed Tether which (changed my adb.exe driver I think). And now my phone will connect and give me the option of mounting/debugging. I cannot Mount the phone. My phone thinks it is mounted, but I cannot find it in Windows Explorer. I am running Windows 7 x64 if that matters.

Does this change the situation? thanks