Problems clearing and backing up data on defective Droid 2

denchan

Reaction score
My Droid 2 became defective, so Verizon sent me a Droid 3 to replace it. However, I am not sure I was able to back up all my data before the phone finally died for good. I made a backup when I started seeing problems, but I do not think I was able to back everything up before the phone stopped working.
I realize that a lot of my info is storred on the SD card. However, what about the data not stored on the phone? Is that stored on the battery or the actual phone itself? If it's stored in the phone, is there any possible way I can get my data back even though my phone stopped working? If it is in the battery, that is no problem as I can place my battery in my friend's Droid 2 to get my data.

Finally, is there any way I can clear the data on my phone? I have to send my old phone back to Verizon. I don't want there to be any personal information on there that has not been deleted.

pressguy27

Reaction score
To clear data on the phone, just go to the phone settings, then privacy and do a factory reset.

Lenagainster

Reaction score
If the phone is not working at all, there is no way you can delete what might be stored in the phone's memory. The battery is just a battery, and does not have a memory. To be on the safe side, it may be time to go to all the accounts you might have accessed with your phone and change the passwords. If you can get the phone to turn on, do as pressguy77 suggested.