Problems associated with replacement of SG5

karte

Reaction score
I lost my phone in vacation. Got the replacement through Asurion, here are problems coming with :
1- I lost all my photos which I was assuming stupid Carbonite was saving in clouds, but apparently the settings was so to upload only when connected to WIFi which I barely used in vacation.
2- Good thing is the Google account which restores my contacts
3- Now I have to search for all those nice ringtones I had on my old phone
4- ... and start deleting all the bloatware I could
5- All text messages are gone, you need some of them which have important info like email address or phone # of a new client
I have to spend hours redoing all these stuff, what do you guys do when this happens?
I had my phone rooted, I don't know if a total backup would saved me time, but with these recent updates I have to re-root anyways.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sorry to hear about your phone karte! Unfortunately this is the process we all have to go through at one time or another. There really is no way around it other than making sure you do regular backups to make it easier in the future. I know you have Carbonite for your photos, but you might try DropBox as well. Depending on what messaging app you use, you can download a plug in for it so it backs up your texts as well. My Backup Pro also works great for backing up pretty much everything on your device. Good luck.

tap'n

OP
K

karte

Reaction score
I had DropBox, the thig I didn't like was that you have to dump all the files into a dropbox folder on your PC. I just wanted to be able to tell which folders on my pc to be uploaded.