Problems and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Reneg4d3, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Reneg4d3

Reneg4d3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, the reason I am making this thread is because the posts I create in the updates topics go unnoticed.

Here are my current problems and suggestions for Project Elite 5.X.X

Every time someone calls me and I place the phone to my ear, the screen locks, when the screen locks it mutes me. I have had SEVERAL people ask me if I was still there. In order to talk again I have to unlock my phone, pull down the notification bar, and click on the Phone label. They can then talk to me again.

A suggestion for this ROM, which would be simply AMAZING would be to have an option that will act like the myLock Phone Tools, have it so when you press the power button while you are on the phone, the screen will lock, It SHOULD NOT MUTE YOU, then have it so even if you pull the phone away from your ear it will not automatically turn the screen on. Even though this is not the EXACT problem I am having, I also sometime hit the mute button with my cheek, it would appear that the phone sensor that detects if the phone is up to your ear or not is not as good as it could be. The reason I dislike myLock Phone Tools is because it does NOT lock the hardware touch buttons located underneath the screen.

Another problem I am having is that Facebook doesn't seem to fully sync my contacts... Normally all my contacts that I have on Facebook and in my phone show their picture. Maybe have an option to sync the pictures? I tried going into settings>accounts>facebook and syncing again, however, no luck.

Some of my contacts that I have in my phone and that I also have in Facebook do not show. What I mean is when I click their icon, the option pops down that shows the phone, the messaging option, and on some the Facebook option. Well for the contacts that I do have on Facebook they are not showing up on my phone. I removed my Facebook account, and tried to re-add it and the Facebook app force closed. Now every time I try and add the Facebook account back, it just returns to the "add account" page.... Now all my Facebook numbers are gone......

-3G keeps turning off (Yes I am aware this problem has been reported)

-Google Maps does not download from the market. Every time I download it it hangs at downloading, however, in the status bar it downloads. When the download is finished it does not install it, it goes back to saying Download. This was very annoying because I got lost and I was trying to use my GPS but it wasn't downloading. This should be fixed, or simply included in the rom. EDIT: It appears that this problem is happening with not just the Google Maps application but many other apps that I try and download.

-Installing boot images does NOT work. I click on the ones to download them, it takes ages to finish, when I reboot, it is still the same boot image as before.

-Rotating the screen interrupts all update options, I.E Downloading Boot Animations ETC. When you rotate the screen it cancels the download.

-Incoming Calls take around 3-4 seconds to appear on the screen before I can answer the call.

-Turning the screen on lags and hangs for a second before actually coming on. A bit annoying.

Besides those issues, I love the rom, it appears to be extremely fast, even more so than CM6. If you could look into these problems I would LOVE to flash back to PE5 because It would be worth it if those functions worked.

2. T-Dev

T-Dev Member

Ratings:
    +0
    upgrade to 5.0.2 will fix your downloading issue. The script that they had before would not overwrite the update.zip.

Facebook sync is a problem with Facebook/Google, mentioned in numerous other threads.

downloading from market, try clearing market cache. should clear up your problem there.

Other than this, how did you like the play Mrs Lincoln? lol

3. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    also did you do a full wipe when installing pe? And are you having these issues on version 5.0.2? try to reinstall cytown phone as well, from elite options.

4. Reneg4d3

Reneg4d3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I have done a full wipe, and I have reinstalled PE twice. I have ZipAlligned apps, I have fixed permissions.

Yes, the BIGGEST problem I have is with the phone. No matter HOW hard I try not to hit buttons with my cheek I do. The screen keeps getting locked. I keep hitting stuff on the screen in which it continues to vibrate. myLock phone tools doesn't work really well with this rom at all.

Also, I don't get the Mrs. Lincoln reference.

5. T-Dev

T-Dev Member

Ratings:
    +0

lol, old joke. Other than your husband (president Lincoln) getting shot, how was the play....

Search tags for this page

htc thunderbolt mute button