Problems after trying to flash won't reboot

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
I tried installing a Rom, said it did but went to reboot and was stuck on logo, so I rebooted pressed both volume keys did a wipe, reboot, tried resetting to factory and its still stuck. Is it bricked? or bootlooped?, can it be fixed?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well if it turns on it is not bricked, just bootlooping. What OS or ROM were you running and what did you try to flash?

OP
T

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
Not really sure exactly. It had updated to gingerbread, then I rooted, then I tried cyanogenmod I think. Yeah, it's what I get for not knowing what I am doing!

OP
T

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
ok on bootloader screen but don't know what to do

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah it is definitely important to know what you are flashing, especially when you are dealing with these locked bootloaders. It is best to read and read before taking the leap.

Do you have the correst SBF to use and RSD Lite installed and ready to go?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well it is important that you have the correct SBF and RSD Lite is something you would have needed to download and install on your computer, have you done that?

Also, this is important but this whole time your battery can not charge. So I would turn the phone off completely. Do you have any idea how much charge you have on it?

OP
T

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
almost full and I am sure I have the right rsd and sbf

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
When you have RSD open just navigate to the SBF by clicking on the button then the ... on it, select it, and then hit start. Then just let it run, should take around 5 minutes or so and when done you will most likely have to boot into stock recovery and wipe data and cache to get out of the boot loop.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There are a number of great guides, including video ones, in case you need supplemental help.

OP
T

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
in process now, after it is done will I still have root access?

OP
T

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
next step is to read and reread before trying to flash again! ugh. If I smash my phone can I claim insurance? just in case last resort?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You will need to re-root your device. Once it is done it should be as if you just opened the box and took it out for the first time. But that is easy to do.

And reading your face off is important to do, especially if you want to avoid issues in the future lol. And if need be just come back in here and ask questions, I will try and help make sure you are doing things properly. If I am unavailable at the time then someone else passing through may have an answer for you in the mean time.

OP
T

Tim_Hall

Reaction score
I poured over the net, the hardest part is that I was getting info piecemeal from all over, is there a centralized place to go for rooting and flashing for droid 2 that is complete? Thank you so much for your help!!!!!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There really is not a one-stop type deal. Especially with there being so many different devices. For the most part I learned from reading everything and then following up with trial and error. I know it was a sloppy process but it worked for me.

As I said though ALWAYS ask questions when you have them.