1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Problem with using aux jack while in GPS car mount

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Jackattack, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Jackattack

Jackattack New Member

I have figured out a problem with using the auxilary (headphone jack) in my truck connected to my radio deck while mounted on the GPS mount.

Problem : Only will get sound out of Right or Left side of the vehicle not both like you should

Why: I figured it out accidently but when the droid is not in the gps mount it works fine, therefore I assume that the magnets inside the gps mount are interfering with the audio output of the phone.

Solution: Dont use the GPS mount when listning to music with the droid.

I thought this may help some people with the same problem I was having.
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Mine works just fine whether in the GPS dock or not in it....that's strange you're having that issue.
  3. jasonb

jasonb New Member

mine also works fine in the car dock. i use mine for music everyday in the car and have had no issues yet.
  4. jpeter1093

jpeter1093 New Member

Are you perhaps using an audio cable that has a larger diameter plug that gets slightly nudged out by the car mount? That would cause the issue you describe; if so, you could pick up a different cable to try.
  5. Funky145

Funky145 New Member

I also have my droid in the VZW card dock with the headphone jack out to radio and it works fine.
  6. WorldOfJohnboy

WorldOfJohnboy New Member

My sound also works fine. The issue I have is that you cannot make phone calls with the AUX port in use, I have to switch it to Speakerphone or use Bluetooth.
  7. JesterMX6

JesterMX6 New Member

what orientation is your droid in when you use the dock?

when i had a bad headphone jack, it'd work fine when verticle as long as there was no pressure on the headphone jack, but if i turned the dock horizontal the audio would cut in and out of one channel, eventually going completely silent on that channel.

if that's what you're getting, sounds like a headphone jack problem to me. i warrantied my droid out for that very reason.
  8. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

That's weird, I make calls through the phone when mounted on the car dock and connected to the aux input on my truck. I love it as I can hear through the speakers and just speak in the diection of the phone on the dock.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  9. WorldOfJohnboy

I just retested this by calling my wife. I put the phone in the dock, plug in the stereo 3.5mm cable into the phone and my car's AUX port. I call my wife and can hear her. I talk, she gets nothing. I shout, she gets nothing. I toggle Mute on/off, she hears nothing in either mode. I hit speakerphone and she can hear me, but she no longer comes through the car stereo. Getting frustrated!
    :soapbox:
  10. WorldOfJohnboy

Sorry, just realized you are talking the Original Droid, I am talking HTC Thunderbolt...
  11. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

Regardless of model, I think your TB should be able to do that and more! Lol...... I would look into a replacement, missing out on a very useful feature.

12. WorldOfJohnboy

I called HTC Support today and they said a lot of people have been calling about that issue. Basically, the phone mutes the microphones on the phone and assumes that the cable plugged into the phone has a mic on it. They are going to release a hotfix at some point to correct that issue.
  13. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

Sounds good, hope they come through sooner than later.

Search tags for this page

aux jack phone call gps

gps to aux

gps via phone and aux port

how to use aux in a gps