Problem with update on root

Kboss375

Reaction score
This weekend I finally rooted my bolt. I used the auto root found here in the TB hacks forums. It worked as expected.

I read the forum about how to put the new update on the phone, but I'm having a problem doing this.

It says when booting into recovery to hold the volume down and power the phone. When I do this it seems to take me though to a fast foot and within 5 seconds my phone is up and running from being shut down.

What I have been doing is booting the phone into recovery from rom manager and trying from there. It sees the zip file that it says to load but it doesn't give me the option to update, it just loops back to main recovery screen. Has any one else seen this or have any ideas?

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
All I can advise is to RUU the phone and then re-root. Back up your data if necessary, but from what you said it doesnt sound normal...

Cloud36426

Reaction score
Are you updating to the rooted ota? If so you should be able to find one to flash in clockwork.

Sent from my ThunderBolt

OP
K

Kboss375

Reaction score
I am trying to do the rooted OTA found in the forums here.
Also I did try to search for new software and it just tells me that service is unavailable.

OP
K

Kboss375

Reaction score
another thing I found was that when I tried to download a rom from Rom manager and it just takes me to the bootloader and stops, it doesn't actually do any thing from there. It looks like something might of went wrong during the root process.