Problem With The Nexus Locating GPS

DHO

Reaction score
I have noticed this, it almost seems location dependent. I have done alot of traveling over the past few weeks and it seems to aquire signal much faster in certain parts of the country. I wrote it off as the ROMs I have been using, but it seems consistently slow in some places and faster in others.

OP
samiusmc

samiusmc

Reaction score
I googled it. Most of the hits are irrelevant. One thread had the guy getting a replacement. I suggest you do the same. And your name is just as widespread in those threads.

good luck

Just so you know, I reported this issue to Verizon and they are aware that an ACTUAL issue exists. They claim to have been inundated with calls. They couldn't tell me when or if a fix was coming.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
@samiusmc: I am not trying to disagree with you about whether the issue exists or not. I guess it seemed as though I was. It obviously does exist in some handsets. What I am trying to say is my advise to you (has been and) is the same as if it were me. Here soon when I am able to buy one of these devices and I have this issue with the GPS, I will turn right around and ask for a replacement unit. Therefore I suggest you do the same instead of waiting for a 'fix'.

@DHO: Yes, I have noticed the same thing. There are certain areas of the country with better GPS reception than others. Several factors affect it, but they sometimes escape me. Right here in this valley where I live, my A855 (OG Droid) used to take a while to get a fix until I got a few miles away in either direction, then the fix was immediate. However now that is not the case, I get a pretty fast fix right here at home, sometimes even inside my house. And my phone has been rooted and running custom rom's since such were available for it.

sb1831

Reaction score
@samiusmc: I am not trying to disagree with you about whether the issue exists or not. I guess it seemed as though I was. It obviously does exist in some handsets. What I am trying to say is my advise to you (has been and) is the same as if it were me. Here soon when I am able to buy one of these devices and I have this issue with the GPS, I will turn right around and ask for a replacement unit. Therefore I suggest you do the same instead of waiting for a 'fix'.

@DHO: Yes, I have noticed the same thing. There are certain areas of the country with better GPS reception than others. Several factors affect it, but they sometimes escape me. Right here in this valley where I live, my A855 (OG Droid) used to take a while to get a fix until I got a few miles away in either direction, then the fix was immediate. However now that is not the case, I get a pretty fast fix right here at home, sometimes even inside my house. And my phone has been rooted and running custom rom's since such were available for it.

You do have Google location services and data enabled when doing this correct? Otherwise it will take your phone a ridiculous amount of time to pull the almanac and acquire location.

ruvy01

Reaction score
gps is fine here, in fact, its faster than my droid 2 and my og droid that i had. then again i haven't had any issues at all with my g-nexus like the others have been reporting. crossing my fingers, knocking on wood DancingNexus

btw im running theorys axiom 2.3 with lean kernel

kristinz84

Reaction score
Mine has been a lot better since Verizon seems to have solved their service outages

t_i_m

Reaction score
My phone now constantly displays "SEARCHING FOR GPS" whenever I try to use the navigator. It used to work fine, just started happening on a business trip last week. I'll try the battery removal trick, then I guess it's off to the Verizon store if that doesn't fix it. Google Nexus, LTE version